Georgetown University School of Foreign Service and Security Studies 2015

I was waitlisted. For those of you who were accepted, can you tell me by what date you have to notify Georgetown of intended enrollment? I'm curious when I could possibly hear back from them. I got into two other schools so far, so I'm wondering how much I should even consider Georgetown as a possibility.

My acceptance letter said -- "Please click here to respond to this offer of admission by May 1, 2015. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required by this date in order to ensure your place in the program." 

There's a good chance I might not go back to school, so I might be declining unfortunately :( That might free up space for you though! :) 

I got in, but I didn't get funding. They said they would put me on a scholarship waitlist and tell me about anything between April 20th and May 1st. Does everyone get put on a waitlist?

Edited by aishunbao

Are you guys getting your financial award letters yet? I still don't know how much my award is.

After you get the email from MSFS (NOT the letter to check your application decision from Georgetown University), go back and check your acceptance letter. My financial award was just below it. 

After you get the email from MSFS (NOT the letter to check your application decision from Georgetown University), go back and check your acceptance letter. My financial award was just below it. 

Ohhhh, thanks! Just found it! Looks like I got about the same as Fletcher and SAIS, a little under 15k for first year.

I got in, but waitlisted for financial aid. How likely do you think it is I'll at least get some funds? (I am an international student,so far funds differ highly from nothing at all to almost 85% of tuition) - I reallly am preferring MSFS!

For those who got financial aid awards, were you only given the amount for the first year? If so, does anyone know how second-year funding is handled?

Their financial aid page is super helpful, I just finished reading it: https://msfs.georgetown.edu/admissions/financialaid/students

The award letter I got only had numbers for the 2015-16 year, but it seems with a 3.3+ GPA you can get it renewed for a second year (the merit-based one at least).

Edited by it's an IR world

I got in, but waitlisted for financial aid. How likely do you think it is I'll at least get some funds? (I am an international student,so far funds differ highly from nothing at all to almost 85% of tuition) - I reallly am preferring MSFS!

Does it explicitly state if you are waitlisted for financial aid or is that the assumption if you didn't receive any?  Just curious so I can know if I was waitlisted or not!

I got a separate letter stating:

By now you may already have received your official admission letter through Apply Yourself and received the news that you were unfortunately not selected to receive one of the few MSFS scholarships at this time. This is an extremely competitive process, with only 30% to 40% of first year students receiving scholarships. The committee was very impressed with your application, however, and has placed you on a waitlist for MSFS scholarship assistance.

The real issue here is that they will notify me about whether I get some scholarship or not after April 21st. A date where I already have to tell other schools if I take the scholarship and spot. That really sucks. Anyone having similar problems?

Edited by asaretrede

Kingthearab, I think that is interesting they are waiting so late to release SSP results.  Thanks for the feedback!

I think last year it was around March 27th when SSP released the results, so I'm thinking they're probably aiming for that same date again.  The waiting is brutal... too brutal.

Edited by atlas445

I take it back - just received an email letter stating that I was accepted to the SSP program, unfortunately without funding though.  Hmmm... decisions...