Georgetown University School of Foreign Service and Security Studies 2015

I got word that admissions decisions for international students have already been released. Anyone from the states get anything yet?

I applied Georgetown MA SSP as well, and haven't heard a thing.

I applied to Georgetown MA SSP and haven't heard a thing yet either. When you say you "got word", do you know of someone who's been admitted?

I applied to Georgetown MA SSP and haven't heard a thing yet either. When you say you "got word", do you know of someone who's been admitted?

I called and was told that. The results page shows that as well.

Obviously if you called, your information should be good. But when I check the results page, I only see results from the Asian Studies MA program and the Eurasian/Russian MA program. What am I missing?

Obviously if you called, your information should be good. But when I check the results page, I only see results from the Asian Studies MA program and the Eurasian/Russian MA program. What am I missing?

Those were the entries I was talking about. Edited by kingthearab

What results page are you guys referring to?

I think we can all agree that the results aren't in as of today.

I checked the last two years' timelines on GradCafe's results page, there were results as early as 12 March for F13 and as late as 30 March for F14.  We can probably expect ours to be somewhere in that range.

In the meantime, let's humor each other with our GPA/GRE scores and a snapshot of our backgrounds...I'm curious to see who the competition is.

GPA 3.92/4.0

GRE 158 V / 154 Q / 5.00 W

4yrs active duty military officer, relevant specialty work to program, 9mos overseas work, Spanish language proficiency

GPA: 3.39 / 4.00

GRE: 158 V/146Q/5 AW

Lived almost two years in Moscow, Russia while studying (part of it as a Boren scholar), strong econ background... internship at the Foreign Service Institute, also speak Spanish.

I think Georgetown is a massive longshot for me, but I got accepted into Korbel with funding so I have a teeny bit more hope for Georgetown now (although I expect no funding). 

Edited by ZebraFinch

GRE: 155V/153Q/4.0AW

GPA: 3.8/4.0

Critical Languages: Arabic

Experience: Middle Eastern Partnership Initiative with the State Department over the course of 3 summers. Traveled throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Taught in Turkey for FEBA.

Edited by kingthearab

Apparently they have a twitter account made specifically for SSP Admissions: http://twitter.com/sspadmissions

Last update was on January 15 talking about the deadline. 

Last years tweet congratulating admitted students on March 27: https://twitter.com/SSPAdmissions/status/449260709793501184

Edited by kingthearab

Yeah, we might have to wait a few weeks on this one. As for me:

GRE: 163V/148Q/6 AW.

GPA: 3.0

Languages: German, with some Spanish and Russian

Experience: 3 years at a U.S. refugee resettlement agency (including 2 in management); 2 years as a researcher and journalist in Thailand covering politics and conflict in Myanmar.

Accepted to Korbel's security program with funding.

Last year SFS MSFS announcement was today. This Friday in this week in March. I think at the very end of the day around 6:00pm EST? Don't quote me on that last part.

I haven't heard anything concrete for it this season, though.

Edited by ir_gradstudent

From the website: "Our target date to publish all decision letters in ApplyYourself is on or before April 1."

Ughhhhh the waiting

From the website: "Our target date to publish all decision letters in ApplyYourself is on or before April 1."

Ughhhhh the waiting

Last year they announced by this time in March. So I'm optimistic we'll hear today. If not today, then tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then day after tomorrow. If not then, then...