When do you tell a program to screw?

smcg

I'm so sick of being kept in this endless loop. Is there ever a point that you tell a program to go screw themselves? At some point, it turns from them looking for candidates to them dangling the rest of us. It's as if we're the ugly 2nd girlfriend waiting for acceptance. I'm sick of it and getting mad.

I'm so sick of being kept in this endless loop. Is there ever a point that you tell a program to go screw themselves? At some point, it turns from them looking for candidates to them dangling the rest of us. It's as if we're the ugly 2nd girlfriend waiting for acceptance. I'm sick of it and getting mad.

The problem is yours. Dont stop living your life just for this...Try Focusing on other things...

Im actually waiting too, but i have a job, a wife and a lot of beer waiting for me...

Kind regards, hope you'll get your anwer soon!

The problem is yours. Dont stop living your life just for this...Try Focusing on other things...

Im actually waiting too, but i have a job, a wife and a lot of beer waiting for me...

Kind regards, hope you'll get your anwer soon!

why wouldn't you just not say anything ?

Clean up some of your multiple negatives and I'll know what you're trying to say.

Not you... Gemini.

Edited by smcg

While it is frustrating, you do have to keep in mind that none of it is actually personal, so reacting bitterly toward them would not only be an inappropriate choice, it also would unnecessarily burn bridges.  Telling a university to "go screw themselves" might satisfy your current frustrated self, but it's also extremely unprofessional behavior that could very easily come back to bite you later.  Also keep in mind:  A number of schools are delayed in their decisions this year because of missing so many days from snow, AND numerous universities have financial constraints that make them more tightfisted or cautious with approving funding requests from departments -- both of those issues can really gum up the works in terms of getting decisions sent out promptly.

While it is frustrating, you do have to keep in mind that none of it is actually personal, so reacting bitterly toward them would not only be an inappropriate choice, it also would unnecessarily burn bridges.  Telling a university to "go screw themselves" might satisfy your current frustrated self, but it's also extremely unprofessional behavior that could very easily come back to bite you later.  Also keep in mind:  A number of schools are delayed in their decisions this year because of missing so many days from snow, AND numerous universities have financial constraints that make them more tightfisted or cautious with approving funding requests from departments -- both of those issues can really gum up the works in terms of getting decisions sent out promptly.

Thank you for the more constructive advice. You're right. I was venting and you cooled me down. Thanks.

I'm right there with you.

I don't think you're going to actually contact the programs with that message and neither am I, but it's good to hear that someone else is in the same frame of mind.

"Ugly 2nd girlfriend" pretty much describes the situation too, lol.