Penn State SIA Fall 2015

WMIN

Hi all! I originally posted this topic in another forum, but was told to transfer it to this one. I was just wondering, who else had applied/will apply to Penn State's SIA? I called the SIA last Thursday and they stated that decisions should be out mid-march, so hopefully the end of this week through next week, maybe. I see that  one person posted an admittance on the results page. Does anyone want to claim that?

Doesn't Penn State have spring break now though?  Are the profs really making decisions during spring break?   Did you get an interview?

Edited by randn

Penn State is on spring break, which is why I inquired about the post on the results page. I did not get an interview, but from my understanding the program does not interview applicants...but I could be wrong.

I applied for a PhD in finance from Penn State and haven't heard anything back.  The finance program has a very low acceptance rate and I didn't get an interview, so I assume I got rejected.   

Oh. After their spring break, try calling the admissions office. It can't hurt to at least ask. But this post was in regards to their Masters in International Affairs program.

Edited by WMIN

I was the one that posted on the results page. I found out through a phone call, so I don't have my acceptance in writing yet. I suspect they'll send out emails by next week at the latest

I received a call from some Pennsylvania number yesterday. I'm not sure if it was them. I'm going for a Masters, and most programs don't seem to do such a thing for a Masters. I guess I ought to go check my application status right now.

Edit: Okay, yeah I don't know. The application portal doesn't give me an answer about any type of acceptance. Maybe that number was them, maybe it wasn't. The number just had a Pennsylvania area code, but I am browsing through and don't see that number don't see on the site. So, I'm doubtful it was Penn State. I hate random numbers that call out the blue like that.

Edited by Guest

Congrats Petri! I also received an acceptance phone call! Which was totally unexpected!

OneLove21 I'm not sure if it will be posted on the website because my status hasn't changed. Try calling the number back first.

Ah, yeah I just called. It was a number from some type of 'clinic' up in Pennsylvania. Not what I am look for . *Sigh lol.* I hope to know something soon as well though!

Edited by Guest

I received an email with acceptance from a professor at SIA yesterday. Nothing has changed on the portal and she said that I would be receiving an official email/letter soon, so there were very few details in her email. I'm international so I guess that's why I must not have gotten a phone call! 

Congrats to everyone accepted so far!

Wow, they are already announcing admissions? I got an email from them yesterday saying "Financial Aid Still Available for Penn State MIA Degree". I didn't apply and I don't plan to. I guess they got my email ID from the ETS.

Wow, they are already announcing admissions? I got an email from them yesterday saying "Financial Aid Still Available for Penn State MIA Degree". I didn't apply and I don't plan to. I guess they got my email ID from the ETS.

They probably got your email from ETS, because I'm pretty sure that's how they got mine. I hadn't planned to apply until I got an email a while ago offering to waive the app fee, so I thought what the heck why not apply, nothing to lose!

Hey, everyone. I'm in. Just got the email. The email just directed me to the status page. And I see the accept or decline admission buttons.

Not sure about funding, though.

Edited by Guest

I'm still waiting for my Penn State decison!  I am getting anxious!  It is my final school to apply to and I hope they contact me soon!  Is there anyone else that is still waiting?

Got in as well. Not sure if I will attend but definitely will visit especially since they will reimburse travel expenses. Very interested in this school so this will help my decision