University of South Florida

lol jk. just got an email saying that I've been offered a GA! \o/

That is awesome! Congratulations! May I ask what they said to you and your stats? I'm really hoping I get some sort of funding since I'm out of state :'/

Congratulations to everyone accepted. I still haven't heard anything and its passed the 3/25 date. I am trying to keep my hopes up but at this point it seems I am most likely rejected. Does anyone know if USF is done sending out acceptances? I am contemplating e-mailing Kathy Wasson but I'm afraid for a rejection response! 

Congratulations to everyone accepted. I still haven't heard anything and its passed the 3/25 date. I am trying to keep my hopes up but at this point it seems I am most likely rejected. Does anyone know if USF is done sending out acceptances? I am contemplating e-mailing Kathy Wasson but I'm afraid for a rejection response!

I talked to her the other day and she said my application would be reviewed by Tuesday and I would hear shortly after. Did you turn yours in closer to the deadline? I did and I think that's why.

Congratulations to everyone accepted. I still haven't heard anything and its passed the 3/25 date. I am trying to keep my hopes up but at this point it seems I am most likely rejected. Does anyone know if USF is done sending out acceptances? I am contemplating e-mailing Kathy Wasson but I'm afraid for a rejection response! 

I got an email I believe this past Friday saying I was waitlisted. I know a handful of other people who also officially got waitlisted. The email said they had sent all acceptances and will send more out after they hear responses by April 16th. I'd have to reread for more detail, but that was the gist. 

Edited by Amh07e

Helppppp!!! Those of you going to the open house on the 3rd, what are you planning on wearing??? I have literally no idea how to dress professionally in a warm climate, I don't even know what the weather is like in tampa this time of year, and I don't know how professional I need to be. I figure i'm already in, so doesn't need to be a whole suit getup, but I still wanna look nice. I have a dress with a neck and sleeves (or technically lack-of-sleeves) like this :  http://commandress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Jones-New-York-Collection-Sleeveless-Houndstooth-Dress-Bloomingdales.jpg belted at the waist but not form fitting after that (i.e. has pleats), and I'm thinking of bringing a blazer or a little sweater with me in case it's cold inside... thoughts?? 

Helppppp!!! Those of you going to the open house on the 3rd, what are you planning on wearing??? I have literally no idea how to dress professionally in a warm climate, I don't even know what the weather is like in tampa this time of year, and I don't know how professional I need to be. I figure i'm already in, so doesn't need to be a whole suit getup, but I still wanna look nice. I have a dress with a neck and sleeves (or technically lack-of-sleeves) like this : http://commandress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Jones-New-York-Collection-Sleeveless-Houndstooth-Dress-Bloomingdales.jpg belted at the waist but not form fitting after that (i.e. has pleats), and I'm thinking of bringing a blazer or a little sweater with me in case it's cold inside... thoughts??

Ohhh your getting dressed up? I was just going to wear jeans and a t-shirt! I may have to think this one over haha.

Helppppp!!! Those of you going to the open house on the 3rd, what are you planning on wearing??? I have literally no idea how to dress professionally in a warm climate, I don't even know what the weather is like in tampa this time of year, and I don't know how professional I need to be. I figure i'm already in, so doesn't need to be a whole suit getup, but I still wanna look nice. I have a dress with a neck and sleeves (or technically lack-of-sleeves) like this :  http://commandress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Jones-New-York-Collection-Sleeveless-Houndstooth-Dress-Bloomingdales.jpg belted at the waist but not form fitting after that (i.e. has pleats), and I'm thinking of bringing a blazer or a little sweater with me in case it's cold inside... thoughts?? 

skip the blazer.. the dress is fine.. maybe a little sweater if you are cold inside air conditioning. It is currently hot here. 

Hi Everyone!

Congrats to those of you who got in!

I am a first year in the program, will be starting my second year in the Fall.  I am living in an apartment in Tampa Palms, and my roommate is moving out.  I am looking for someone to move in.  I'm hoping it will be a graduate student starting the program.  It's a really nice place, I'd love to send photos or provide more information to anyone who is interested. 

Thanks!

Megan R.

Does anyone know if tuition is the same for SLP and USF's other grad programs? All I could find was it's $877/credit hour (out of state) and I was told our program is 62 credits. Thanks!!

I just declined my spot at USF so I hope this helps someone on the waitlist!

Thanks for letting us know! Does anybody know how the waitlist works????

I did receive an email from them yesterday. It basically just said they are full... but I am still on waitlist.. and they will contact me again for further status updates. 

People keep talking about this "high waitlist" thing.. but I can't figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing.. originally it sounded like a bad thing, but people are mentioning it like it is a good thing. 

At this point I got in to other schools that I am happy with, so I'm not expecting this to turn out in my favor.. you never know though I guess. 

well it could be good too.. maybe they haven't sent out the acceptances they planned to... or are debating on who to send the last couple spots too.. I wouldn't stress about it either way.. all you can do it wait and hope.