University of South Florida

Hi,

I recently was accepted into the University of South Florida. After researching about the program, I have heard a lot of negative things about it such as the faculty is not helpful and that the program throws you into clinic. Has anyone had any experience in their program?

Where are you hearing this from? Just curious. I have an acquaintance  in the program now, but we've never discussed it. I do know that they start clinic right away but I don't think that's exclusive to USF. 

I heard that from a blog. It was posted in 2013 so I didn't give it much credit. I was just curious. Do you know any pros and cons about the program?

I have the same concerns as you! I hope we can get some quality insight on here. Are you going to the open house? I'm thinking about it, but since it's over easter weekend the flights are a fortune!

I am having the same problem as you with the flying out and I need some kind of insight. If I don't fly to tampa, it would be an eight hour drive. I have been accepted to one other school buy it is more pricey and I want to make the right decision.

I go to Tampa a lot, but I'm not an expert (I live directly across from Tampa on the east coast).  Its a large city so there's ALWAYS something to do. Ybor city and Channelside for nightlife. Go eat at Datz if you go down for a visit. Not too far away from Orlando, and some really nice beaches. 

I was accepted to South Florida as well and must have read the same forum that you read as well!  I have been trying to get in contact with South Florida to ask a few questions, but they have never answered the phone nor responded to my voicemails, so I'm beginning to be concerned about their responsiveness.  I have called once a day for most days since receiving the email in February, and left three voicemails over the time.  Did you guys apply for the graduate assistantship?  Do you know anything else about this neuroanatomy class that is required prior to the fall?  

I applied for the graduate assistantship, but I'm unaware about a neuro anatomy class.

The email I received said this:

Please be reminded that a course in Neuroanatomy should be completed prior to entry in Graduate School if you have not already taken it.

I don't think any of my previous classes will count towards this requirement.  I'm wondering if the class can be taken online through USF or at a community college near me.

I am having the same problem as you with the flying out and I need some kind of insight. If I don't fly to tampa, it would be an eight hour drive. I have been accepted to one other school buy it is more pricey and I want to make the right decision.

yea.. I'm also thinking about driving down with my boyfriend, but it's an 18 hour drive from nj! I have yet to hear from another school so it may end up being my only option.

I go to Tampa a lot, but I'm not an expert (I live directly across from Tampa on the east coast).  Its a large city so there's ALWAYS something to do. Ybor city and Channelside for nightlife. Go eat at Datz if you go down for a visit. Not too far away from Orlando, and some really nice beaches. 

I'm such a foodie so thanks for the rec!

I was accepted to South Florida as well and must have read the same forum that you read as well!  I have been trying to get in contact with South Florida to ask a few questions, but they have never answered the phone nor responded to my voicemails, so I'm beginning to be concerned about their responsiveness.  I have called once a day for most days since receiving the email in February, and left three voicemails over the time.  Did you guys apply for the graduate assistantship?  Do you know anything else about this neuroanatomy class that is required prior to the fall?  

I seemed to be getting responses through email pretty quickly so maybe try that! I applied for the GA and am dying to hear if I get one! The said we would know by next week at the latest. I need to find out if my postbac classes will cover all the pre-reqs required at USF. I'll let you guys know when I found out.

As far as I know, if you haven't taken neuroanatomy as an undergrad/post-bacc and have no plans to take it during summer, they will tack that class onto your courseload for the fall you start classes. There was an SLP grad student in my neuro class last fall.

I seemed to be getting responses through email pretty quickly so maybe try that! I applied for the GA and am dying to hear if I get one! The said we would know by next week at the latest. I need to find out if my postbac classes will cover all the pre-reqs required at USF. I'll let you guys know when I found out.

They said next week for GA? :S I'm nervous lol

They said next week for GA? :S I'm nervous lol

That what I was told and they were pretty on their game for first round of acceptances! Has anyone been offered a GA yet?!

So they are tentatively changing the date of the open house so I can no longer go :( I really wanted to see the school and what it had to offer so I knew what I was getting into if I went here.

So they are tentatively changing the date of the open house so I can no longer go :( I really wanted to see the school and what it had to offer so I knew what I was getting into if I went here.

Just e-mail them that the new date is a conflict.  They will then tell you they are keeping it the original date as well.  Our daughter's ring ceremony fell on the new date and there was just no way we could do both.

I got my acceptance from here today! I am so excited.  I visited the campus and just walked around this past weekend and loved it.  I want to go back for the visit day to actually meet with faculty.  Did anyone go in October since they said it will be similar?  

I haven't received communication regarding acceptance or rejection. At this point, should I just assume I am rejected? Has anyone received a rejection letter. 

I haven't received anything either...what are your stats/ when did you apply?

I haven't received anything either...what are your stats/ when did you apply?

Koukla, I think we are private messaging! lol but 3.6 undergrad business GPA. 4.0 post grad, 148 V 153 Q 4.5 W. 

Wait listed: LaSalle & University of Cincinnati

Rejected: University of Tennessee, Emerson 

No response: University of Hawaii, University of Houston, University of South Florida

I haven't received communication regarding acceptance or rejection. At this point, should I just assume I am rejected? Has anyone received a rejection letter. 

Someone in the Florida Schools post said they would send more acceptances on March 25th. I don't even think they have sent out any rejections yet, at least judging from the results page?