University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire (online)

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to share my experience here. I interviewed early January and received an admission offer a little over 2 weeks later. University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire was my top pick, however I am choosing another program, as I had a very negative interview experience with the two faculty at UWEC. I've had several SLP grad school interviews and all of the faculty conducting the interviews have been warm, welcoming and friendly, except for University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire. The interview began and I was not greeted at all. The two faculty did not introduce themselves either. I answered their questions with enthusiasm and sincerity, sharing about myself, my experience and my goals. As I tried to engage with them and make a connection, they did not offer a single smile, head nod, or any non-verbal cue. They seemed miserable, to be frank, and much of their behavior could even be considered rude. I understand they were scoring at the same time, but my other interviews had none of this vibe. I was extremely disappointed in the first impression the faculty made on me, as these are the individuals running the program. No ounce of kindness was seen. I feel much more comfortable with my acceptance to my second choice, whose first impression was the complete opposite, interested in and welcoming of their prospective students. Guess it goes to show what you think may be your top pick might not be after all. It's a good lesson to be open-minded and flexible during this unpredictable time applying to graduate schools. 

-M 

Edited by MB820