Counselor Education

eastcoastdude123

Well,

I have some information about it. Recently, I was searching on Google for college who provides education in social services.

While searching I found some nice information about counselor education. First of all i want to know that in which country do you want to complete you counselor education here are some links from where you got information

http://oregonstate.edu/education/progra ... eling.html

http://www.uscollegesearch.org/counselo ... leges.html

I hope it will help you to select your college.

Best of Luck for your counselor education.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

I am applying to counselor education programs, specifically school counselor programs. I am applying to one program this Spring and then if I don't get in several for next fall.

Can anyone tell me what they think my chances are? I am looking to change careers. Currently work in marketing for a financial services firm. Graduated from Lehigh University in '01 with a 3.2 gpa. Gre scores are extremely unbalanced 670Verbal/430 quant. 4.5 AW. Hence, why I am seeking to get out of the finance field. Math just isn't my strong suit. Should I re-take the gres? I'm not sure I can score much above the 50th percentile anyway? How competitive are counselor education programs? I have volunteer experience, shadowed a school counselor for a day and I am currently taking a graduate level Theories in counseling class at Temple this fall. I am positive this is what I want to do but just scared I won't get in anywhere.

Thanks for your help!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anybody have any thoughts on good schools for counselor education? I am looking at Harvard GSE and Columbia-TC simply because I "heard" those are the best schools regarding education masters but would like more feedback or thoughts from actual students or grads. Thanks!

I have been invited to interview at the University of Florida and at Clemson for their Master of Education in counselor education, with a focus in school counseling (that is a mouth full!). I'm still waiting to here back from VCU. As far as UF and Clemson go, does anyone know what to expect during the interview? Does anyone happen to know the percentage of people who go from the interview to being admitted? Also, has anyone else applied to these schools?

• 3 weeks later...

I've applied for Masters programs in Counselor Education (and various similar programs with different names, of course) but I'm going for Higher Ed counseling rather than School Counseling. Seems like most people have the K-12 preference.

I've applied for Masters programs in Counselor Education (and various similar programs with different names, of course) but I'm going for Higher Ed counseling rather than School Counseling. Seems like most people have the K-12 preference.

I've actually gotten the opposite feeling. Most people I have talked to that have applied to programs in counselor education seem to be aiming at mental health counseling, or higher ed. But either way, best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am trying to decide between the UNC-Greensboro Counseling in Higher Education (MS) program and the North Carolina State University Counseling in Higher Education (MEd) program.

Does anyone have any particular advice about these two programs?

I'm particularly wondering if program ranking is as important in this field as it can be in other concentrations.

Is anyone on this board applying to graduate school for Counselor Education, specifically with a focus in School Counseling? If so feel free to respond!

Applying for Counselor Education but for clinical counseling. About 38 (for both programs -- 18 for clinical, 20 for school) of us had a group interview at Ohio State on 2/13 but no word for me yet. Status is still in AcadReview.