Master's admits - where are you going?

higheredhopeful

PhD students have a topic, so we should too.

I am 90% I'm going to NYU for Higher Ed and Student Affairs since I was offered an assistantship with full funding + stipend, but I'm still waiting to hear back about aid letters from Vanderbilt and USC. But those schools won't even come close to the funding that NYU is offering, and they're all two-year programs.

I committed about two weeks ago to UVM for their M.Ed in HESA. 

I'm so excited - full OOS tuition remission, very nice monthly stipend, and possibly free housing (my GA is non-housing but there's an opportunity to be a building manager (help people locked out of apartments and call maintenance for frozen pipes) for 5-10 hours/week in exchange for an apartment. Their funding was just something my other schools couldn't come close to. I'm a little nervous because I've never lived outside the south (born and raised in North Carolina) except for one summer in Seattle for an internship, but it'll be a new adventure!

Harvard was my top choice and thankfully I got the most funding from there. I was debating between Harvard and Vanderbilt, but the funding I just received made the decision much easier. So I am pretty set with going to Harvard at this point. 

Wow @higheredhopeful, NYU gave you a full-ride + assistantship for a master's program? Was this announced in their acceptance letter or on the NYUHome page? I haven't heard from NYU for my funding..

Currently between Penn, NYU, and waiting on Columbia (hoping for some really good news there regarding funding IF I'm lucky enough to be admitted). Funding is always the problem...

Wow @higheredhopeful, NYU gave you a full-ride + assistantship for a master's program? Was this announced in their acceptance letter or on the NYUHome page? I haven't heard from NYU for my funding..

Currently between Penn, NYU, and waiting on Columbia (hoping for some really good news there regarding funding IF I'm lucky enough to be admitted). Funding is always the problem...

In order to be admitted to NYU's Higher Ed & Student Affairs program you HAVE to get an assistantship. All the assistantships varied with their funding though--some had large stipends, some had tuition remission, some had housing (which can cost as much as tuition in NYC...)

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty sure I'll be attending UT Austin's program in Educational Psychology. I've been offered a fellowship that waives out-of-state tuition and includes a $2000 award, and the program seems to be a great fit.

I'll probably turn down Harvard and UPenn, since their aid packages only made a small dent in the overall cost. 

Hello! I'm planning on attending Kent State University for their Master's in Higher Education Administration. I was offered a full tuition + stipend assistantship position. It was the only school I was offered a GA at, so not a difficult choice but luckily it was one of my top choice positions. Congratulations to everyone on your acceptances/offers!

Hello! I'm planning on attending Kent State University for their Master's in Higher Education Administration. I was offered a full tuition + stipend assistantship position. It was the only school I was offered a GA at, so not a difficult choice but luckily it was one of my top choice positions. Congratulations to everyone on your acceptances/offers!

Congrats, JBums!  Glad to hear that this cycle worked out for you.

• 3 weeks later...