Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

Hello all,

I am glad to have found this community of prospective 2016-2017 Fulbrighters! I am looking forward to connecting with the group and its members!

I applied to the 2016-2017 Fulbright Binational Business Internship Program in Mexico. Since applying, I was moved to the semi-finalist round (notified: early January 2016), and then I had my interview during early February 2016.

As of this post, I have not received any notification of acceptance/denial. Can anybody provide any insight into their experience so far with their application to a Fulbright to Mexico, and even better if you also applied to the Binational Business Program?    

My wholehearted best wishes to all applicants!

On 3/17/2016 at 1:29 PM, wildchartermage said:

Fulbright Italy finalist (research) here. Mine had P in the email subject. 

On 3/17/2016 at 5:29 PM, LifeLearner said:

Mine had the (P) in the subject line when I got accepted this morning. Maybe it depends on the location? Idk. Good luck to you! Hopefully the UK finds out soon!!

Thanks a lot and congratulations. It seems that most countries use the letter notification system in the subject line, but there are at least a few exceptions. I'll be back on high alert when casually opening my email (every 30 minutes). It's back to purgatory for me...

55 minutes ago, NeneGalle_ said:

Has anyone ever been notified on the weekend?

I feel like I'm spamming this board saying this, but for the UK (which seems to be where you applied), for the past 9 years that there has been available data, notifications have come exclusively on Monday or Tuesday. (I still check every day because I'm irrational haha.) During the interview they said they expect notifications to be sent by "at the end of March by the latest" and I think they said something similar to Deliemma too. I thought maybe it would be this week, given years 2010-2014, but evidently not. My next guess is 03/29 (or 03/28) which would be similar to the most recent year, followed by 03/22 (or 03/21), followed by the first or second week of April on a Tuesday (or Monday). Of course, it is anyone's guess, but that is where I would but my money if I was the betting type.

EDIT I agree with soundandvision's comment and sentiments though.

Edited by sat0ri
typos

18 hours ago, 2014_FSU_Seminole said:

Hello all,

I am glad to have found this community of prospective 2016-2017 Fulbrighters! I am looking forward to connecting with the group and its members!

I applied to the 2016-2017 Fulbright Binational Business Internship Program in Mexico. Since applying, I was moved to the semi-finalist round (notified: early January 2016), and then I had my interview during early February 2016.

As of this post, I have not received any notification of acceptance/denial. Can anybody provide any insight into their experience so far with their application to a Fulbright to Mexico, and even better if you also applied to the Binational Business Program?    

My wholehearted best wishes to all applicants!

Hi there! 

Long time creeper on here...been too scared to post because it makes it all so real. Thanks to everyone in the community, though, who has made me feel a lot less insane. The waiting challenge is so real. Compulsive checking, all the time, every second. 

I applied to the Binational Business Program in Mexico as well. @2014_FSU_Seminole, I opened my account to talk to you and commiserate together. How long was your interview? I'm so scared that mine went poorly. Also, I was convinced we'd hear yesterday, but nope. Hope to hear from you! 

Edited by PepperoniCow

18 hours ago, sat0ri said:

I feel like I'm spamming this board saying this, but for the UK (which seems to be where you applied), for the past 9 years that there has been available data, notifications have come exclusively on Monday or Tuesday. (I still check every day because I'm irrational haha.) During the interview they said they expect notifications to be sent by "at the end of March by the latest" and I think they said something similar to Deliemma too. I thought maybe it would be this week, given years 2010-2014, but evidently not. My next guess is 03/29 (or 03/28) which would be similar to the most recent year, followed by 03/22 (or 03/21), followed by the first or second week of April on a Tuesday (or Monday). Of course, it is anyone's guess, but that is where I would but my money if I was the betting type.

EDIT I agree with soundandvision's comment and sentiments though.

I was told the same thing sat0ri, end of the month.  Personally I'm betting on next week (mainly because I really, really, really want to find out sooner rather than later!). Regardless the wait will be over soon...I can't wait for all of this constant checking and anxiousness to end :P 

3 hours ago, PepperoniCow said:

Hi there! 

Long time creeper on here...been too scared to post because it makes it all so real. Thanks to everyone in the community, though, who has made me feel a lot less insane. The waiting challenge is so real. Compulsive checking, all the time, every second. 

I applied to the Binational Business Program in Mexico as well. @2014_FSU_Seminole, I opened my account to talk to you and commiserate together. How long was your interview? I'm so scared that mine went poorly. Also, I was convinced we'd hear yesterday, but nope. Hope to hear from you! 

Hi @PepperoniCow! Thanks for reaching out :) I just PMed you, so we could talk more in depth.

4 hours ago, Dilemma1 said:

I was told the same thing sat0ri, end of the month.  Personally I'm betting on next week (mainly because I really, really, really want to find out sooner rather than later!). Regardless the wait will be over soon...I can't wait for all of this constant checking and anxiousness to end :P 

I'm certainly hoping it is next week too, Dilemma. I'm a nervous wreck trying to simultaneously process the conflicting emotions of excitement and dread. Also, I need to start planning my life one way or the other, and I've been putting a lot of stuff on hold (signing leases, telling my current employment whether I'll stay, deciding on a plan B), so it's becoming a logistical issue of just wanting to know to get other plans in order. However, I also have this dreadful "be careful what you wish for" feeling. I'm really trying to figure out how I'm going to handle it if I don't get accepted to Fulbright. I'm expecting to find out Mon/Tues in the afternoon so I switch my schedule to work overnight in the ER in hopes of being too distracted to be depressed.

1 minute ago, sat0ri said:

I'm certainly hoping it is next week too, Dilemma. I'm a nervous wreck trying to simultaneously process the conflicting emotions of excitement and dread. Also, I need to start planning my life one way or the other, and I've been putting a lot of stuff on hold (signing leases, telling my current employment whether I'll stay, deciding on a plan B), so it's becoming a logistical issue of just wanting to know to get other plans in order. However, I also have this dreadful "be careful what you wish for" feeling. I'm really trying to figure out how I'm going to handle it if I don't get accepted to Fulbright. I'm expecting to find out Mon/Tues in the afternoon so I switch my schedule to work overnight in the ER in hopes of being too distracted to be depressed.

are you a resident?! 

7 minutes ago, sat0ri said:

I'm certainly hoping it is next week too, Dilemma. I'm a nervous wreck trying to simultaneously process the conflicting emotions of excitement and dread. Also, I need to start planning my life one way or the other, and I've been putting a lot of stuff on hold (signing leases, telling my current employment whether I'll stay, deciding on a plan B), so it's becoming a logistical issue of just wanting to know to get other plans in order.

I couldn't agree with you more. This is hanging me up as well.

Edited by 2014_FSU_Seminole

58 minutes ago, medyogi118 said:

are you a resident?! 

Haha, no but I hope one day I will be! Right now, I'm just a lowly, humble medical scribe. We do work alongside the residents and attendings (and PA's and NP's) so we get to see a majority of what they see though. It is very fast paced and very heavy, so I'm hoping it will keep me from being too down if I don't get selected. Phew, it's rough to think about

1 hour ago, sat0ri said:

You put into words exactly what I have been feeling. And, I also feel that I'll be so disappointed in myself for basically waiting on this.

15 minutes ago, sat0ri said:

Haha, no but I hope one day I will be! Right now, I'm just a lowly, humble medical scribe. We do work alongside the residents and attendings (and PA's and NP's) so we get to see a majority of what they see though. It is very fast paced and very heavy, so I'm hoping it will keep me from being too down if I don't get selected. Phew, it's rough to think about

gotcha! and it sounds like you have a good plan just in case. smart. 

On 3/18/2016 at 0:25 AM, NeneGalle_ said:

Has anyone ever been notified on the weekend?

We found out on a weekend last year... Literally like 6pm EST on a SATURDAY. I was so mad, haha. I was not expecting it whatsoever and was like, on a city bus by myself and just started crying like a crazy person calling my mom like "I GOT IT." Not ideal. 

3 hours ago, Mathur said:

How are those still waiting coping with their wait? About to throw myself into copious amounts of work just to keep my mind off of things. 

Tell me about it! Really hoping its tomorrow that more of us hear back. I'm so tired of the uncertainty.