Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

Congratulations to everyone! I just found out that I am an alternate for Germany research. Oh well :( Does anybody know the chances of being promoted from an alternate status? I know I shouldn't keep my hopes up, but I'm still hoping haha. 

19 minutes ago, 18C said:

I am waiting to hear from Mexico. The anxiety is real. I applied for a research grant. Hope we find out soon! Good luck everyone! 

OU or OSU? I too am waiting to hear from Mexico. 

2 minutes ago, PhD or Bust said:

OU or OSU? I too am waiting to hear from Mexico. 

Cool! I was wondering where all the Mexico people were at (since they have 31 research grants wow)! I am applying from OU, what about you?

1 minute ago, 18C said:

Cool! I was wondering where all the Mexico people were at (since they have 31 research grants wow)! I am applying from OU, what about you?

I am at UIC. You don't happen to do history do you? 

6 hours ago, kfm said:

I'm not totally sure if it's listed as fully for all countries (and not sure if it is listed at all for ETA, or if so, where it is listed) but the Fulbright website shows how many study/research grants on these pages http://us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/selectedcountry/ireland I linked Ireland as the example (8 partnership awards and one open award), but you can go check other countries on that list as well. Hope that helps!

History yes! You too? This link shows numbers of grants. 

6 hours ago, kfm said:

I'm not totally sure if it's listed as fully for all countries (and not sure if it is listed at all for ETA, or if so, where it is listed) but the Fulbright website shows how many study/research grants on these pages http://us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/selectedcountry/ireland I linked Ireland as the example (8 partnership awards and one open award), but you can go check other countries on that list as well. Hope that helps!

thank you!

1 minute ago, 18C said:

History yes! You too? This link shows numbers of grants. 

We may know each other in RL. Lol. I went to OU for my Master's in history.

Just now, 18C said:

Wow! Super cool! I started my MA last spring. Idk if I know you....? But here's to some OU reppin in the Fulbright program! 

I worked with T. Rugeley and S. Evans and D. Chappell.  I was good friends with C. Kennedy. 

9 minutes ago, PhD or Bust said:

I worked with T. Rugeley and S. Evans and D. Chappell.  I was good friends with C. Kennedy. 

Hmmmm, well I know all those people some what. Do you think Fulbright would give several history research grants? I hope so! This is so exciting! 

Just now, 18C said:

Hmmmm, well I know all those people some what. Do you think Fulbright would give several history research grants? I hope so! This is so exciting! 

Historically, all puns intended, they have given a lot of awards to historians. That being said, who knows? For my interview, I had 8 panelist in total of which 4 were historians. What about you? 

28 minutes ago, PhD or Bust said:

Historically, all puns intended, they have given a lot of awards to historians. That being said, who knows? For my interview, I had 8 panelist in total of which 4 were historians. What about you? 

That's great! I had 6 people, all historians. The interview was an amazing experience. 

5 hours ago, Nffasa14 said:

eta! what about you?

5 hours ago, LifeLearner said:

Same!! Ahh another one! @sairam94 @rsolo @horatiustb Welcome to the Spain ETA Waiting Club haha

Welcome! I'm sure you're also anxiously awaiting results like we are all. Last year the results were released on the 16th... Which is tomorrow. I guess Spain isn't following the trend of notifying early :( 

4 hours ago, austintexan said:

Hey All, 

I am a finalist for the ETA in Poland (yay the waiting is over). I'm sorry to hear that others didn't get it :( 

Now I have nothing but questions. Mainly, when will I find out more information. Which city will I be in? How much is my stipend? Is there a pre-departure orientation (on the country info page it says there is one, but not on the pre-departure orientation list)?

Does anyone know when we will receive more specific info on our placements? 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

If they have a commission, go to the website. I found my stipend information on the Bulgarian Commission website. Start checking out the documents you have to submit via the finalist resource page. I think once you are "official" by submitting your documents, they will tell you more! 

I'm a finalist for Germany - research. I'm still in shock and very excited! Good luck to everyone, and fingers crossed for alternates on here to bumped up!!!! Sending good vibes to all!

14 hours ago, pooful said:

Another South Korea ETA semi finalist over here. I will be sure to post in here as soon as I get the notification to give you a heads up. Good luck to us both!

Thank you, and good luck to you :D

Just now, parenchymama said:

Feeling thankful but also regret finding this thread :unsure: Waiting (not so) patiently for France results, which I anticipate will be released any time this week or next!

Yes!! Another one waiting for France. I feel the same way you do about finding this thread. My prediction for results is this Friday, but that is just my brain pretending to have control over the situation. ^_^

Hey again everyone!

For those of you who might agree with me that the forum is a somewhat unwieldy medium of communication for us all, I created a Fulbright Program Applicant Facebook group. You can join using this link! I hope you will :D https://www.facebook.com/groups/fulbrightapplicants/

Good luck everyoneee~ <3

Edited by airlie

6 hours ago, Photogeographic said:

Is there anyone out there who has applied to Indonesia who would be interested in talking about their experience applying ? I noticed there are a few on the spreadsheets but no GradCafe user names. Considering applying again to Indonesia next year. 

Hi! Im a semifinalist for Indonesia. Waiting to hear back still. Did you apply this year?

9 minutes ago, NikkiC said:

I heard Philippines for research were notified yesterday

Looks like France was today as well