Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

8 hours ago, sairam94 said:

Quick question: how do we book our flights? Do we have to book our flights and then we get reimbursed later on or does our country's commission help us book the flights?

Varies by country. Some commissions send awardees electronic tickets, and others reimburse in host country

Hi everyone! 

Happy Monday! Hopefully we start to hear back. I think I've placed a world record on email refresh. I was wondering--could anyone offer any insight about their interview. Mine was about 16 minutes long, and I'm worried that means I didn't have a good interview. I know worrying won't help, but any insight (especially from people who had interviews and got the Fulbright) would be great! 

Thanks always awesome peeps! 

9 minutes ago, Mega12 said:

Another day, another lack of knowing. Congrats to anyone who found out today! (the google doc says Chile was announced) Anyone else applying for Korea ETA? The wait is slowly draining me. 

Agreed! Congratulations to those who found out today. Hopefully, everyone else's notice comes through sooner than later (a.k.a. this week :)... Fingers crossed!)

26 minutes ago, Mega12 said:

Another day, another lack of knowing. Congrats to anyone who found out today! (the google doc says Chile was announced) Anyone else applying for Korea ETA? The wait is slowly draining me. 

I applied for Korea ETA as well. Literally losing my mind over here. Come on Korea!!!! 

7 minutes ago, SoundandVision said:

I got the Fulbright U.S. Student Award for Research in Argentina!!!! Can't quite believe it yet!

@marymouse484 APPLY AGAIN! I was an alternate last year!

Fingers crossed that more people find out today!

@SoundandVisionThanks for the encouragement. I'm still holding out hope that I might be selected this year... I've heard that there are several people that turn down the scholarship every year. And congratulations... I wish you all the best!! 

Edited by marymouse484

14 minutes ago, marymouse484 said:

@SoundandVisionThanks for the encouragement. I'm still holding out hope that I might be selected this year... I've heard that there are several people that turn down the scholarship every year. And congratulations... I wish you all the best!! 

For sure! Alternates do become finalists! You are on a very short list and, while this news stings (and I remember vividly), you should nonetheless be very proud of yourself. 

19 minutes ago, NeneGalle_ said:

So sad to hear that, keep your head up and remember that good is to come your way ! You heard back this morning ?

Just got my email as well, NS for me too. ?

19 minutes ago, NeneGalle_ said:

Just got my email as well, NS for me too. ?

I'm sorry. Thanks for your encouragement and it goes for you as well, there are more good things coming our way. We got as far as semi-finalist out of more than 10,000 applications, which means we have to have some kind of smarts right? Everything will be fine. After having a good cry :) i'm ready to move on from this. Up next,figuring out how to pay for grad school haha.