Nervous

EmmyJ

Hi guys, Im usually a lurker but i decided to join and post my thoughts because I am so nervous I feel like my heart is going to explode.

little background information- I got my first undergrad degree but didnt do so well and I didnt really like my major so I decided to go back as a post undergradute and majored in sociology. I did much better however I was working full time and got B- average. I went from 2.3 on my first undergrad degree to 2.9 ( 43 credit hours) on this latest one. I know that the GPA isnt really good, but i applied to schools where the gpa requirement was either 2.7-2.9 or there wasnt any minimum. also the schools didnt require a GRE

I sumbitted applications to case western, Loyola Chicago, Univeristy of Chicago, and univeristy of pittsburgh. i thought about univeristy of michigan, because deadline is not until august 1st but not sure about that school.

Anyways I have a lot of reasearch expirence more than anything and I feel like my personal statement is really good, I had a social worker and PhD grad student review it. Im just nervous about my chances of getting in to one of these schools.

what do you guys think, do i have a chance, anyone else in this same boat ?

Hi guys, Im usually a lurker but i decided to join and post my thoughts because I am so nervous I feel like my heart is going to explode.

little background information- I got my first undergrad degree but didnt do so well and I didnt really like my major so I decided to go back as a post undergradute and majored in sociology. I did much better however I was working full time and got B- average. I went from 2.3 on my first undergrad degree to 2.9 ( 43 credit hours) on this latest one. I know that the GPA isnt really good, but i applied to schools where the gpa requirement was either 2.7-2.9 or there wasnt any minimum. also the schools didnt require a GRE

I sumbitted applications to case western, Loyola Chicago, Univeristy of Chicago, and univeristy of pittsburgh. i thought about univeristy of michigan, because deadline is not until august 1st but not sure about that school.

Anyways I have a lot of reasearch expirence more than anything and I feel like my personal statement is really good, I had a social worker and PhD grad student review it. Im just nervous about my chances of getting in to one of these schools.

I think you have a good chance at getting into all of those schools. I would say just make sure your SOP and LORs are stellar and you should be good.

I am in a similar but different situation i am nervous because i didn't do so well in my undergrad program and i had to switch to a different major that i didn't want and i am afraid that i won't get accepted to a masters program in social work based how i did since i had a 3.029 gpa its on the fringe on what is acceptable for a masters program. i only applied to two schools which is a huge risk as well because idk if i'll get accepted in both

You should have a chance. Keep in mind, though, that you've applied to very few schools. The programs will look at your applications more thoroughly, but they do so for every applicant as well. No guarantee you'll be accepted, but your full application will be taken into account.