Textbooks: to bring or not to bring?

I sold some of my post-bac textbooks and have kept some of them.  I'd like to sell them all rather than move them to my grad program this summer, but I'll bring them with me if I'll need them.  Any advice about whether or not I'll need my textbooks, or if my new books for my grad classes will suffice?

I can't give advice but I have been wondering the same thing. I have a cross-country move ahead as well and want to downsize as much as possible ahead of time. 

I'm inclined to keep the basic texts because I know them so well, have highlighted portions, etc. and can use them for reference

Hope someone who's been there weighs in here, too.

Best of luck btw with your move and school! 

I have transitioned from an associates in slp-assisting to a bachelor's degree in CSD and have used my old texts so frequently I have lost count. All of my texts will be accompanying me to grad school. I have learned that most classes overlap in some shape or fashion and no two authors teach a concept the same way so, being able to reference multiple texts to enhance the learning and retaining of a concept is invaluable to me. Hope this helps!

I'm planning on taking mine onto grad school! The professors are going to be assuming that we know the past material, and I want to make sure I'm comfortable so I can excel

I  kept mine and I am happy I did - they were a useful reference for a lot of classes - especially anatomy and child lang development books.  I also used them when studying for the praxis.

thanks, everybody. i can't resist asking -- any other general or specific advice for us starting this fall? :)

I second this question!

Also, I've been wondering about technology in grad school. I'm one of the few people I know who still has a non-smart phone. Could there be any serious disadvantages to this during grad school?

Another question - when I close my laptop and take it somewhere in my backpack, it shuts down completely over half of the time. I also can only use it on flat surfaces and have to be careful how I pick it up. It's been like this for months now, and I'm still using it without too much trouble. So maybe this is a dumb question, but do you guys think this will be a bigger problem in grad school? I definitely want to get it checked out again before I leave, but I don't have much hope. 

I've also heard of people getting tablets - anyone have opinions on that?