Portland State vs. Cal State East Bay??

Hi all, 

It's decision time, and I am looking for any insight about the programs at Portland State and CSU East Bay. I have my personal list of pros and cons about each school involving cost and geographical location, but wondering if anyone else has input about the potential benefits and drawbacks of each program specifically. 

Any input is greatly appreciated! :)

Hi all, 

It's decision time, and I am looking for any insight about the programs at Portland State and CSU East Bay. I have my personal list of pros and cons about each school involving cost and geographical location, but wondering if anyone else has input about the potential benefits and drawbacks of each program specifically. 

Any input is greatly appreciated! :)

Hi I was also accepted into CSU East Bay and wanted to know what the pros and cons were. I really don't know much about this school. 

Hope you can help

CSU East Bay is located in a nice part of the city of Hayward, within a short drive/train ride to SF and the rest of the Bay Area. They seem to focus heavily on aphasia.

If you're looking into credential, you will need to complete extra credits on top of the Masters for East Bay. It will take you longer to finish. Might not be a big deal... And you have five years to finish everything. Can be tight.

CFY is harder to find outside school setting (not sure if this is true, please double-check, as that's what I heard).

It's a long program. I'm assuming you're not applying to the EM program as you're accepted to Portland State. But in case, here's what I know: they have limited spots for EM people taking pre reqs before the actual masters starts. So there's a chance of not being accepted in all classes the EM students enroll. This is a huge concern, as you have five years to finish and this can delay your graduation year because of pre-reqs.

It's also a commuter school.

Rent prices are high. Do NOT rent in Hayward if accepted...

As far as positives, I agree with the poster above. 

Congrats on your acceptances!  Good luck on your decision!!! Hope I helped a bit!

Edited by lslp