Professor won't email back

finalman

I was accepted into a good school for my field and met with a professor I really liked at open house.  I later had a phone conversation with him a few weeks after open house and he said I could join his group and start working this summer.  The next day I received NSF and he emailed me listing reasons I should join his group.  I emailed him back saying I would make my final decision the following week.

However, I have emailed him twice saying I won NSF and would like to join his group, but he has yet to respond.  Should I go ahead and accept the school's offer?  I'm worried the offer to join his group has been taken back.

Is there a lab manager or someone you could email to see if he is out of town or something? Assuming this school has a deadline on the 15th, I also think it'd be permitted to give him a call.

If he has an assistant you should try calling her/him. I agree with babybird that he might be out of town. It seems unlikely that he would go back on his word 

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use