Multiple I-20s

Guys, I have couple questions regarding multiple I-20s problem.

1. Is it possible to receive multiple I-20s? Is it okay? Is it okay even if I have sent passport scan to one of the universities? I mean, is it normal, can they use this information somehow in future to create any problem for me if I decline their offer and go to another uni?

2. If I`m already in the USA and study in a university, and I`m about to change the university, should I obtain new visa? Should I get new I-20? Can my first uni create a problem for me?

As far as I know, you get a new I-20 if you change sponsors (like changing to another school). I don't think that you need a new visa stamp if your is still valid. But make sure to address this questions to the international office on both schools.

Guys, I have couple questions regarding multiple I-20s problem.

1. Is it possible to receive multiple I-20s? Is it okay? Is it okay even if I have sent passport scan to one of the universities? I mean, is it normal, can they use this information somehow in future to create any problem for me if I decline their offer and go to another uni?

2. If I`m already in the USA and study in a university, and I`m about to change the university, should I obtain new visa? Should I get new I-20? Can my first uni create a problem for me?

I'm not sure why you're so hung up on the university "creating problems" for you. Schools do not want to create problems for you, no matter what you did--that is, unless they want to expose themselves to massive legal ramifications. But to answer your questions:

1. No, you cannot receive multiple I-20s. 

2. You have to request for your first institution to transfer your I-20 to your new institution. The second institution will only send out your new I-20 when the first institution has released it; therefore, you will only ever have one I-20 at one time. 

I'm not sure why you're so hung up on the university "creating problems" for you. Schools do not want to create problems for you, no matter what you did--that is, unless they want to expose themselves to massive legal ramifications. But to answer your questions:

1. No, you cannot receive multiple I-20s. 

2. You have to request for your first institution to transfer your I-20 to your new institution. The second institution will only send out your new I-20 when the first institution has released it; therefore, you will only ever have one I-20 at one time. 

Are you sure about it? Because, I have read on the other websites that it is possible and that student can receive multiple I-20s and then choose one and apply for visa using this one and there will be no problem.

Maybe, you got me wrong, I do not mean the visa itself, I mean that I-20 form, which university sends to international students

I got more than one from universities that accepted me, together with my acceptance letter. I actually ended up rejecting those offers and never using those I-20s. I got a new one from the school whose offer I accepted. There was never any problem with that. Schools can't "create problems" for you that way. You cannot *use* multiple I-20s so "have" them in that sense. Apparently some schools issue them together with an international student's acceptance before they even accept the offer but that's not a problem if you don't do anything with those forms.

Are you sure about it? Because, I have read on the other websites that it is possible and that student can receive multiple I-20s and then choose one and apply for visa using this one and there will be no problem.

Maybe, you got me wrong, I do not mean the visa itself, I mean that I-20 form, which university sends to international students

Apologies! I guess my information is specific to my programs.

You can get as many I-20s as you want. there is no restrictions.

If you are already in US and are enrolled in a uni and if you want to change, then you need to get I-20 from your new school. I think there is some status change or something like that to be done, I think your new school's international student services should handle it I think. You can contact them if you have any questions or to know whether there is anything to be done on your side. You may have to get visa stamped for new school only when you move outside US and re-enter (clarify with your new school).

If you are outside US and if you have already got visa stamped for school-A and if you now need to move to school-B, then you have to appear for visa interview again. You need to be ready to answer the question as to why you wanted to move and many such related questions. If school-B is better and higher ranked in your field, it is easier to defend.

If you are outside US and if you have not yet got your visa stamped, then there is no problems. You can schedule interview for your top choice school.