Is it Common for Schools/Hospitals to Require Blood Titers as Proof of Immunity?

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row for fall. The SLP Asst. program I'm starting requires Hep B immunization and a recent TDaP booster so I went and got those today. One of hospitals where I could possibly get placed for the practicum wants blood titers as proof of immunity against measles and chicken pox. Before I go out and pay for the blood titers I'm wondering if this is a common requirement. The elementary school where I volunteer as literacy tutor was fine with my immunization records and a signed statement that I had chicken pox as a kid.

Has it been your experience that places want blood titers as proof of immunity?

Yes, many clinical placements want titres as proof of immunity, even if you have your vaccination records, because vaccinations don't "take" in 100% of cases. There are some people who are not immune despite a full set of vaccinations. The titres provide evidence of immunity (or not).

It has happened to me before. It was a departmental change. Before, history of chicken pox was sufficient. Now, they do a blood test. Makes sense. It varies from place to place.

I did go to the local urgent care center (my HMO insurance refused to cover it) and had the blood drawn for the titer. It only cost me $54, which sadly enough is peanuts compared to all the other costs I'm going to be having over the next few years. The HMO will pay for booster shots if it turns out I need them.