Switching Post-Bacc Programs?

Hi!

I've completed 3 courses through the University of Flordia's online post-bacc program but was just recently accepted into Northwestern's pre-speech program. I applied to Norhtwestern's pre-speech program because they only require that you take 3 classes before applying to their grad program. Is there any harm in switching programs? Has anyone else done this and then still applied to grad school and gotten accepted? Would love any advice! Thanks!!! 

I have never heard of anyone doing that and I have only done one of the pre-reqs... so I may not be of much help...

but I guess it wouldn't hurt if all you've done was take courses, didn't make any connections that would make people go "why did she switch?" and you're not planning on getting a letter of recommendation from anyone in UoF.  You did say that it is an online program at UoF, so it might not hurt you.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you need to switch? Since you say that you've already taken 3 courses and Northwestern only needs you to take 3 courses, does that mean that once you switch you can stop taking courses and start applying?

I don't have any BTDT advice, but switching from an online-only to a classroom-based program seems like it would be an easy thing to explain. "I started the online program but realized that an in-person one would be a better fit for my learning style".

I'm doing some online courses through Utah State starting next week and some classroom-based SLP Assistant courses starting next fall. I haven't yet decided whether I'll do the full USU 2nd bachelor's and just the 4 SLPA courses that I'd need for licensing with the 2nd bachelor's or the full SLPA program and just the handful of grad school prereqs not offered at the community college. I'm going to see how the summer and fall terms go and which program is a better fit.

It does not matter at all, truthfully. Every program requires different prereqs so universities are not surprised when you have to take prereqs through more than university. I took two at Northwestern, two more at Longwood University, another one at Northwestern, and then another one at Longwood.