Feeling less unsure about future

TML1991

I am a 23 year old psychology junior who is a student at Morehead State University. have an overall GPA of 3.2 and a psychology GPA of 3.0 (An A in developmental, B in intro, B in social, and C in behavior analysis [Class was poorly organized and nobody did well on exams, essay assignments however were easy]) and wondering  if I have any chance at all getting into grad school for I/O Psychology, or other branches of psychology for grad school if I change my mind. I don't have any research currently. I am only on campus two/three a days a week, as part of my courses are there and others online. To echo previous statements, I am unsure what my academic future holds. I enjoy psychology, a lot, but if it isn't going to take me too far I might switch, as I enjoy biology, too. My drawback is poor math abilities. The middle and high schools I went to were poor at teaching math and I had to start with 091 developmental math when I started college. My only Cs aside from the one above come from math 091 and 93, and the psych class mentioned above. The rest are As and Bs. I also made the Dean's list in fall 2014. What do you all think of situation?

I think you're in a situation not unlike many people struggling with finding out what is right for them. Before you jump head first into a graduate program of some kind, ask yourself why you want to do so before preceding. Graduate school, in either psychology or biology, can last between 5-7 years depending on your program and things you do. Do you have something in either of those disciplines that will make you interested to pursue for such a long period of time? 

There's a solution to the questions I posed, and it can be beneficial to you in two ways. I highly recommend you look into volunteering/working in either psychology or biology labs (better yet, maybe a lab that looks at psychobiology or neuroscience!). This can 1) help you to decide whether or not you might enjoy doing research or doing something similar for an extended period, and 2) give you the actual experience that is considered heavily in a graduate application.

Beyond that, your marks are good, but can be improved. Since you're a junior, you still have a bit of time to improve your marks. Most graduate programs consider your last two years rather than your complete undergrad. Boost up your GPA, and also take relevant courses. Gain more experiences, and, if you are adamant about it, look into taking your GRE. Ultimately, you want to go into graduate applications with a game plan. Know what you're interested in pursuing, and take the necessary steps to do so.

Hope that helps you for the time being! Good luck!