ERROR IN MY I-20

HI EVERYONE,

I GOT MY I-20 IN THAT IT HAS BEEN MENTIONED THAT MY SPONSOR IS MY FATHER BUT MY FATHER HAS PASSED AWAY A LONG TIME AGO. MY SPONSOR IS MY MOTHER AND I HAVE MENTIONED THE SAME IN MY DS-160 FORM.SO I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS WILL BE A PROBLEM IN THE VISA INTERVIEW. WHAT SHOULD I TELL IF THE VO ASKS WHY IS IT MENTIONED THAT YOUR FATHER IS THE SPONSOR. I HAVE ALREADY PAID MY SEVIS FEE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Depending on when your interview is, I would be honest with the interviewer, and if there is enough time, I would contact the school from which your I-20 came and see if they can correct the error and Rush deliver the new I-20.  

if you have not scheduled the interview, you should ask that school reissues the form with correction. if there are several corrections to be made, insist that they double-check before sending. call them if you can. my school was somehow unable to do all requested corrections at once. it has been back and forth now with the form, cant' wait for this bureaucratic nightmare to be over.

Edited by random_grad

I don't think it is a big issue. If you noticed the visa application still asks about your parents but has no field whether deceased or not. The form also asks if your parents are in the US. Your father is just like your mother is a parent. Father or mother just be honest and tell VO the truth saying your parents's saving is what you rely. That's it