Fall 2016 - Phd Thread

2 hours ago, KnowVac said:

Aw man, I definitely didn't hear anything, oh well! I hear back from Indiana today and found out I will receive full funding with decent stipend in the form of tuition remissions, a teaching assistantship, healthcare, and a fellowship during the summer (monthly payments during the summer would be a few hundred dollars less).. The director said that they would be sending me a letter with the specifics but I was wondering if anyone knew how fellowships during the summer generally work, would I be able to have a job during the summer? 

Good to know I will definitely be working towards my phd next year but I am still hoping to get off of delawares wait list! 

Congrats @KnowVac !!! My guess is your formal offer will outline whether or not you can have a job and fellowship, but I know schools do things differently. 

15 hours ago, liesandfish said:

Congrats @KnowVac !!! My guess is your formal offer will outline whether or not you can have a job and fellowship, but I know schools do things differently. 

Okay awesome! It feels like no matter how much I hear back from schools I always end up with more questions than answers! 

I want to thank each and every single one of you for sending good vibes/thoughts for my interview (and, let's not kid, the airplane ride!). I can say now that I will accept Sam Houston's offer (full funding for four years) and will decline the others. Hopefully those of you waiting will hear good news soon. Networking is key, and closer to when classes begin I would like to get everyone's thoughts about giving our personal email/number so we can keep in touch and hopefully work together down the road.  Thanks again!

4 minutes ago, Partinrn said:

I want to thank each and every single one of you for sending good vibes/thoughts for my interview (and, let's not kid, the airplane ride!). I can say now that I will accept Sam Houston's offer (full funding for four years) and will decline the others. Hopefully those of you waiting will hear good news soon. Networking is key, and closer to when classes begin I would like to get everyone's thoughts about giving our personal email/number so we can keep in touch and hopefully work together down the road.  Thanks again!

Fantastic! Congratulations! What a great program and great news on funding for you! Looking forward to staying in touch. :) 

@Cedodge My status still says "In Review" so I don't know what to read into that. But glad you know so that you can move on!

@liesandfish exactly! I'm really pleased with all of my offers and with the things I've heard about the ASU program, I'm not going to stress about it anymore.