2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

3 hours ago, fucun said:

Got a call from Yale BBS (MMPP) this morning for an interview. Duke neurobiology also emailed yesterday. YAY!

I also applied MMPP and I got a missed call at like 9am today... but the area code was like 440 or something (not New Haven according to my caller ID). My only thought was it could have been Cleveland but I've already talked to them...?
This is being borderline paranoid but do any of you guys who got an MMPP interview know the area code you got the call from? :o I feel like I should call them back bu they didn't leave a message either... :'( 

13 minutes ago, Nero_Mustbethefeeling said:

Hmm,

I got an email out of the blue from a former P.I. of mine at UCSF inviting me to do my graduate work with him.

He's also on the board of admissions.

Could this mean I should anticipate a UCSF invite soon? :D

I can't see why a professor would invite you to do graduate work with him if he wasn't sure you'd be invited. Congrats in advance!

Though, if I were in your position, I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. Not because I don't think you'll be invited, but because it'll add to the surprise factor when you finally do get that invite. 

2 minutes ago, gyrase said:

I also applied MMPP and I got a missed call at like 9am today... but the area code was like 440 or something (not New Haven according to my caller ID). My only thought was it could have been Cleveland but I've already talked to them...?
This is being borderline paranoid but do any of you guys who got an MMPP interview know the area code you got the call from? :o I feel like I should call them back bu they didn't leave a message either... :'( 

My call was for MCGD not MMPP, but the area code was 203.  

18 minutes ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Thanks for the responses guys! I will just keep refreshing my email. Thankfully, I am going to see the new Star Wars movie tomorrow night, so it'll occupy my mind for a while :) 

Also, not sure if anyone here is applying to the Penn Neuroscience program, but I think they also send out invites in waves. My PI is on the adcom for neuro and she is still reviewing apps!

Star Wars is a definitely way to keep yourself occupied. So excited :D:D:D 

PS... I see your username... Do you happen to attend a certain school in Michigan? ;)

Just now, biosci said:

My call was for MCGD not MMPP, but the area code was 203.  

Gotcha. I'll just sit tight... I guess it could have been from a personal phone or something. Logged in and didn't see anything change on my app. I'll just be here nibbling on my fingers and trying to breathe :) 

6 minutes ago, gyrase said:

http://www.allareacodes.com/440

7 minutes ago, gyrase said:

The area code I got was 203, and it says New Haven, CT. Hope it helps.

Just now, gyrase said:

Gotcha. I'll just sit tight... I guess it could have been from a personal phone or something. Logged in and didn't see anything change on my app. I'll just be here nibbling on my fingers and trying to breathe :) 

Thinking good thoughts for you!  Also, at least for my app, nothing has changed yet.

8 minutes ago, gyrase said:

HAHA I just found out it was Wash U DBBS!!! Lol so weird. *screams into the wilderness*

Wow that's weird, but congratulations! 

Edit to prevent spam: I just saw that someone posted on the results page about an invite to UCSD "Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS)".. is this a troll or typo or is there actually a BBS at UCSD?

Edited by bicsy

27 minutes ago, gyrase said:

Star Wars is a definitely way to keep yourself occupied. So excited :D:D:D 

PS... I see your username... Do you happen to attend a certain school in Michigan? ;)

Haha yes, I do bleed green and white! Spent 5 years there for undergrad. All I want for Christmas is a national championship title. Go Green!!

52 minutes ago, Nero_Mustbethefeeling said:

Hmm,

I got an email out of the blue from a former P.I. of mine at UCSF inviting me to do my graduate work with him.

He's also on the board of admissions.

Could this mean I should anticipate a UCSF invite soon? :D

Awesome.  You applied Tetrad, right?