2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

6 hours ago, breaker746 said:

UCSF dates are Jan 21 and Feb 11, but they recommend the Feb 11 weekend for immunology. Stay positive!

Thank you for sharing the dates! The schools I've heard from so far want a definite answer on what dates I can visit by early next week and it's stressful not even knowing when some other program's visit dates are. 

I'm still holding out hope that I might hear from UCSF sometime today. Hope springs eternal!

Does anyone have any idea of TETRAD interview dates? I have fallen into the familiar pit of checking the survey incessantly (again) and haven't really found any indication. 

1 hour ago, Microburritology said:

Finally you turned up :D But thanks for sharing that, and as @biochemgirl67 said although it makes me more anxious now, atleast it gives me peace of mind. Weird Princeton would clash with Harvard & UCSF. 

I called harvard immunology... invites went out yesterday.  I'm really disappointed.  :(

3 minutes ago, biosci said:

I'm sorry.  I know how that feels but just remember all the great invites you've already been offered.  I know its hard but...

Now I just want to get the UCSF reject as well.  I was going to call the coordinator but... I am barely holding onto hope that the BMS invites aren't all out.

EDIT: I didn't call because it's still 7:30 AM there.  I will call later and post what the guy says.  But if someone beats me to it, feel free to post.  I'd love to know.  I have to take my dog to the vet for a checkup

Edited by biochemgirl67

Hey guys. Just wanted to say that I'm super excited to have received an interview offer from the University of Virginia for February; I was a little worried not to have heard back from any of the universities I applied to but I'm so happy and thankful to have gotten one. I was wondering whether I should e-mail back a thank you or something to the program. Any advice would be appreciated :).

2 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Now I just want to get the UCSF reject as well.  I was going to call the coordinator but... I am barely holding onto hope that the BMS invites aren't all out.

I haven't heard from BMS yet either, although I applied to a different track than you did. I have hope that we still have a chance!! 

2 minutes ago, Omarou498 said:

Hey guys. Just wanted to say that I'm super excited to have received an interview offer from the University of Virginia for February; I was a little worried not to have heard back from any of the universities I applied to but I'm so happy and thankful to have gotten one. I was wondering whether I should e-mail back a thank you or something to the program. Any advice would be appreciated :).

Usually you have to respond to confirm that you will be attending the interview (at least that's what I had to do) and in that email I wrote a little thank you for the invitation to interview and how excited I was to be considered, and that I was excited to visit the campus on interview day. 

4 minutes ago, scilinny said:

I haven't heard from BMS yet either, although I applied to a different track than you did. I have hope that we still have a chance!! 

I had a friend who got an invite to the BMS track I applied to... but he's a Cali resident.  Do you think it'll really matter for UCSF/Stanford?

2 minutes ago, scilinny said:

Usually you have to respond to confirm that you will be attending the interview (at least that's what I had to do) and in that email I wrote a little thank you for the invitation to interview and how excited I was to be considered, and that I was excited to visit the campus on interview day. 

I agree but since I'm an international student it's a skype interview so they don't really need any confirmation from me...

1 minute ago, biochemgirl67 said:

I had a friend who got an invite to the BMS track I applied to... but he's a Cali resident.  Do you think it'll really matter for UCSF/Stanford?

That the track will matter or residency? 

I'm hoping that the track matters, because if not I'm rejected from UCSF and Penn -_-, but I'm not going to give up hope on them until I get a firm rejection email... Although its also possible that these invites are coming out in waves, and that we simply haven't hit the next wave (regardless of track). 

I'm getting a little worried about my Stanford app...I logged in to their online checklist and under transcripts, it still says "Received (not official)", even though I had them sent in early November. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm hoping they just haven't updated transcript status in their online application.

Why do programs even require official transcripts for admissions purposes anyway? They have us upload scanned copies of them...

Just now, gs1992 said:

Was it an official invite or an email from a POI?

Email from POI - he said I should expect an email no later than Jan 10th (which is pretty late...) but that I was selected for an interview! He said dates would be in early feb

1 hour ago, Microburritology said:

Finally you turned up :D But thanks for sharing that, and as @biochemgirl67 said although it makes me more anxious now, atleast it gives me peace of mind. Weird Princeton would clash with Harvard & UCSF. 

I just saw that you applied for Cornell plant bio. Did you get the pre-interview skype call?

1 minute ago, frozencurry said:

I'm getting a little worried about my Stanford app...I logged in to their online checklist and under transcripts, it still says "Received (not official)", even though I had them sent in early November. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm hoping they just haven't updated transcript status in their online application.

Why do programs even require official transcripts for admissions purposes anyway? They have us upload scanned copies of them...

Mine showed that way for a long time but then it changed, so if they show received I wouldn't worry about it.  They probably want official in case people photoshop the uploaded ones

3 minutes ago, frozencurry said:

I submitted in late November and it said "Received(official)". Did you send/mail in an official copy? I thought you only need to send in an official copy when you're accepted, but as long as your application status says "complete" you're probably fine.

1 minute ago, mwgskol said:

I submitted in late November and it said "Received(official)". Did you send/mail in an official copy? I thought you only need to send in an official copy when you're accepted, but as long as your application status says "complete" you're probably fine.

Yeah I had my university send in official copies, and their online service says they were shipped Nov. 10. I'm just concerned because my online application status still says "Incomplete" - everything else is there except for the official transcripts. I guess I should try calling them.

Just now, frozencurry said:

Yeah I had my university send in official copies, and their online service says they were shipped Nov. 10. I'm just concerned because my online application status still says "Incomplete" - everything else is there except for the official transcripts. I guess I should try calling them.

yea they will be closed from tomorrow . You should probably try calling

4 minutes ago, mwgskol said:

Stanford wants official (2 paper or 1 e-transcript).  I sent an e-transcript.  

1 hour ago, GeneWeaver said:

Thank you for sharing the dates! The schools I've heard from so far want a definite answer on what dates I can visit by early next week and it's stressful not even knowing when some other program's visit dates are. 

I'm still holding out hope that I might hear from UCSF sometime today. Hope springs eternal!

if you have programs that you are way  more interested in than the ones you have invites to already I would contact an admin in those programs and explain that you are very interested in their program but are receiving offers from other programs and wanted to make sure that if you accept you do not overlap with their program dates and inquire about their dates of interview or when they will notify.  It is much better to wait a few days to give a response to a school than to make an acceptance and have to rescind (which I would highly suggest you not to do).