2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

41 minutes ago, alvinnari said:

So if I haven't heard back form Stanford Biosciences for Chemical and Systems biology, is it safe to assume I didn't get in? :(

No!  Remember the invites are slotted to start after January 4th... So I wouldn't assume anything until the end of January.  You never can really tell what's going on behind closed doors.  Plus their offices are closed until then so they are not doing any notifications until after that date.  Don't worry, enjoy your holidays, and join the rest of us trying to forget this whole thing for a bit.

2 hours ago, biochemgirl67 said:

No!  Remember the invites are slotted to start after January 4th... So I wouldn't assume anything until the end of January.  You never can really tell what's going on behind closed doors.  Plus their offices are closed until then so they are not doing any notifications until after that date.  Don't worry, enjoy your holidays, and join the rest of us trying to forget this whole thing for a bit.

Haha, thanks for the encouragement! It made me feel better - I hope you are right x_x... ugh, why is applying to graduate school so stressful?! 

4 hours ago, Liverbird_93 said:

Have all of the scripps invites gone out? 
Also, does anyone know when the integrated program at Columbia will get back to us?

I also thought that TSRI didn't send out invitations until January, but I got an invitation as well. Maybe they're sending out the invites in waves or it may be based on whether you were invited to interview at the Florida or California campus (or both). In the section where we had to list POIs, I listed only faculty at the La Jolla campus, so I was invited to interview at the California location.

7 hours ago, peachypie said:

That will entirely depend on the school and the schedule of events they have put together.  It is obviously best to not miss any part of it but sometimes we had some people that missed the first evening due to a travel issue (which obviously can't be planned for) as for planning to leave early I don't know.  I'd pick the one you are most interested in and select that one for the full interview time.  If neither school is willing to do an alternate date that is really tough.  Go with your gut? 

I have sent an email to the school to ask whether it is okay to miss the last day (which looks like it consists mostly of housing tours, so i'd be okay with that)

6 hours ago, alvinnari said:

Haha, thanks for the encouragement! It made me feel better - I hope you are right x_x... ugh, why is applying to graduate school so stressful?! 

Lol because anything worth having is a struggle.  If we didn't care where we interviewed or anything, we shouldn't be going to grad school in the first place .  I would look at it like that!

5 hours ago, Superres said:

I also thought that TSRI didn't send out invitations until January, but I got an invitation as well. Maybe they're sending out the invites in waves or it may be based on whether you were invited to interview at the Florida or California campus (or both). In the section where we had to list POIs, I listed only faculty at the La Jolla campus, so I was invited to interview at the California location.

Same

On 12/16/2015 at 8:06 PM, mrpoopybutthole said:

Any idea on whether or not Penn CAMB is still sending out invites? I know a few people got interview requests today. I'm dying from anticipation and can't function at work haha

Hi - sorry to have not responded earlier, but unfortunately I do not know if more invites are forthcoming. Penn usually tries to snap people up for interviews fairly quickly, so if you haven't been invited yet for CAMB and other people have, my suspicion is that most likely, you were not in the mass-majority first round wave of invites. They are usually sent in the same few days, if not day. That being said, I would recommend emailing one of our admissions coordinators (they are usually great at replying quickly!), and letting her know that you wanted to inquire if more interview invites will be forthcoming.

1 hour ago, AgingBio123 said:

So has no one heard from Harvard MCO? I tried calling but no one seems to be around.

I haven't heard anything from Harvard MCO either and haven't seen anyone post about getting interview invites on here yet. Someone said that the adcom met later than usual this year so I am hoping for invites to be sent out in the next couple of days or right after the new year. 

18 hours ago, apple93 said:

I think Rockefeller has 2 options. They said "All applicants who are selected for an interview will be notified the week of January 11th, 2016. Our interview dates are February 25-26 and March 3-4, 2016. Please try to keep these dates free until you hear from us."

Oh, good to know!

@AgingBio123 Note that the Yale BBS registrar is now on vacation until Jan 4th so you won't hear anything back. And I'm here worrying that they won't accomodate my interview switch from Feb 4th to Feb 18th. #strugglebus

Edited by Infinito

Does anyone happen to know the interview dates for UPenn Immunology or Weill Cornell Immunology&Microbial Pathogenesis? I am trying to debate if I should turn down an interview on February 11-13th. Also is it inappropriate to call and ask those programs when their interviews are/if they are done sending out invites? 

5 minutes ago, Bacterrific said:

Does anyone happen to know the interview dates for UPenn Immunology or Weill Cornell Immunology&Microbial Pathogenesis? I am trying to debate if I should turn down an interview on February 11-13th. Also is it inappropriate to call and ask those programs when their interviews are/if they are done sending out invites? 

It's not inappropriate. It's very common and they understand (for both, but especially the interviews).

9 minutes ago, Bacterrific said:

I contacted Penn yesterday on Immunology, and they said that most of their offers have been sent out, but they still had some who they haven't contacted. If you do call them, do update me whether they've sent them all out. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Bacterrific said:

You should call them.  (Or email)  Because they completely understand the scheduling hell we're going through.  Both places I called were very helpful and did not seem annoyed at all.  However, their offices may be closed now.  (I tried to call University of Tennessee yesterday to ask when their interview dates are and they were closed until next week.)

this school is totally unable/unwilling to accommodate alternate interview dates and not allowing partial attendance of the interview weekend.  i tried, but they are so strict and it seems like they don't care either.  they don't understand that i can't just cancel on my other confirmed interviews.  so frustrating

16 minutes ago, Earl said:

this school is totally unable/unwilling to accommodate alternate interview dates and not allowing partial attendance of the interview weekend.  i tried, but they are so strict and it seems like they don't care either.  they don't understand that i can't just cancel on my other confirmed interviews.  so frustrating

what school is this?