2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

Congrats to everyone who has received notifications from schools of acceptances, and interview invites!!!!

:lol:

:ph34r:

I'm still eagerly waiting for responses of interviews, acceptance, or rejections from :

UNC-CH Clinical Psych

UAB Med/Clinical Psych

UCSB Clinical School Psych

USC PhD Clinical Science Psych

Wheaton Psy.D

Pepperdine Psy D.

Edited by TickFckTock

Did anyone else apply to the Infectious Disease and Immunity program at Berkeley? There are no results for it for the past two years in the survey and I got an email yesterday which seemed to imply they weren't conducting interviews. Does anyone have any additional info on this program?

Just now, PlanB said:

Most public health programs release admission in Mid Feb/Jan

On the website though it says they will conduct interviews in February though which is why I was confused. It's a program at the school of public health but is bio based. 

1 minute ago, PlanB said:

For masters, there is general not an interviewing process, however, for PhD program there probably is an interview required. 

For admissions result, see this forum,

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/mph-fall-2016-applied-accepted-waitlisted-rejected.1162837/

I'm looking at the PhD program, thanks though!

Anyone heard back from University of Washington Seattle Immunology? Did they send out all invites? The website says decision by end of December and it's Dec 31st, and I have neither received an invite nor a rejection...

Edited by yonglin489

13 minutes ago, yonglin489 said:

Anyone heard back from University of Washington Seattle Immunology? Did they send out all invites? The website says decision by end of December and it's Dec 31st, and I have neither received an invite nor a rejection...

I received an invite earlier in December in the first wave of invites (December 17th).

I would probably say they already released their invites but of course I couldn't know for certain.  Maybe check their website early next week?  They definitely did say everything would be released by late December though.

On 12/28/2015 at 4:25 PM, novicescientist said:

Yes, I finished 3 years ago. The answer I got was that the offical scores are to verify what you have listed in the app to what is actually true, which is completed before you recieve a formal offer. The best advice I can give you is to call them. They won't be back till January. I work in a university and I don't go back till Monday. No need to worry about it now right? just make sure you know what went wrong when you call them so that you can explain everything properly. I wish you all the best! You have great interview invites, don't worry too much on 1 school. :D

Sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to say thanks for your words, and good luck to you too!!

On 12/28/2015 at 5:19 PM, PASD693 said:

Hi All,

Long time lurker here- wondering if anyone's heard from any of these programs?

-Stanford Biomedical Informatics

-UCSD Bioinformatics

-UCSF Bioinformatics

-UC Berkeley Comp Bio

-Pittsburgh Comp Bio

So far I have interviews at Columbia Systems Biology, Michigan Bioinformatics, UW Seattle Biochemistry, and Cornell/Weill Cornell/MSKCC.  Thanks! :)

Hey we have similar applications, I also got interviews at Columbia Systems Biology and Weil Cornell Tri-Institutional program (Computational biology program I assume? ) and am also waiting for UCSD Bioinformatics :/ .
When's your Columbia interview? I got Feb 11-12 :( and the Cornell Recruitment thing is insane, 3 full days of doing stuff is bonkers.  

1 hour ago, political said:

Hey we have similar applications, I also got interviews at Columbia Systems Biology and Weil Cornell Tri-Institutional program (Computational biology program I assume? ) and am also waiting for UCSD Bioinformatics :/ .
When's your Columbia interview? I got Feb 11-12 :( and the Cornell Recruitment thing is insane, 3 full days of doing stuff is bonkers.  

Hi Political,  I agree- Cornell looks intense; it's a long survey plus 3 days of events!  For Columbia, I got Jan 29-30.  Did they give you two options as well?  They gave me the Feb 11-12 option as well but I opted for the first one.

9 hours ago, PASD693 said:

Hi Political,  I agree- Cornell looks intense; it's a long survey plus 3 days of events!  For Columbia, I got Jan 29-30.  Did they give you two options as well?  They gave me the Feb 11-12 option as well but I opted for the first one.

Yeah they gave me the option for jan 29-30 or feb 11-12, but it conflicted with another interview weekend (I think it was yale CBB). Did they send you an email about faculty connections today?  I thought I put my preferences when I accepted their interview offer o.o

Also, did you select your faculty preferences for the Tri-I program yet, I'm having a bit of trouble with all of the options haha. 

Edited by political

17 hours ago, yonglin489 said:

Well someone just posted a rejection notification by email...unless they just assumed a rejection because of no other email.

2 hours ago, RaganSmash said:

Well someone just posted a rejection notification by email...unless they just assumed a rejection because of no other email.

Nah, they sent out rejections this morning! Pretty awful timing haha.

"We appreciate your consideration of the University of Washington (UW) Immunology PhD program for your graduate school education.  The Immunology Admissions Committee met in December to discuss each application in the Immunology applicant pool and decided which 30 applicants to invite for interviews.

I regret to inform you that after careful deliberation your application was not among the few that were selected for admission to this program.  The number and quality of graduate applicants to the University of Washington are extraordinary and these difficult decisions are reached through careful consideration of all applicants to a given program.  In many cases, enrollment restrictions are also a factor, limiting our ability to accept all qualified applicants."

6 minutes ago, michi1987 said:

Nah, they sent out rejections this morning! Pretty awful timing haha.

"We appreciate your consideration of the University of Washington (UW) Immunology PhD program for your graduate school education.  The Immunology Admissions Committee met in December to discuss each application in the Immunology applicant pool and decided which 30 applicants to invite for interviews.

I regret to inform you that after careful deliberation your application was not among the few that were selected for admission to this program.  The number and quality of graduate applicants to the University of Washington are extraordinary and these difficult decisions are reached through careful consideration of all applicants to a given program.  In many cases, enrollment restrictions are also a factor, limiting our ability to accept all qualified applicants."

Well shit man, I'm sorry. I still haven't received a damn thing so it's killing me. Did you just receive yours or was it several hours ago, probably the same time as the others?

5 minutes ago, RaganSmash said:

Well shit man, I'm sorry. I still haven't received a damn thing so it's killing me. Did you just receive yours or was it several hours ago, probably the same time as the others?

I got it at 7:30 AM (central). It says at the bottom that it was an automated message.

On 12/31/2015 at 8:17 PM, Tanids said:

Got an interview invite to the Mayo Clinic!!! YAY!!! Does anyone know how travel arrangements for flight/hotel work for them? Do we make our own plans or go through them? 

Sooo excited!!!:rolleyes:

Hey I got one too, so I'm glad I'm not the only one confused about logistics! I searched some previous year threads and someone mentioned being reimbursed for the flight.

54 minutes ago, michi1987 said:

applicNah, they sent out rejections this morning! Pretty awful timing haha.

I regret to inform you that after careful deliberation your application was not among the few that were selected for admission to this program.  The number and quality of graduate applicants to the University of Washington are extraordinary and these difficult decisions are reached through careful consideration of all applicants to a given program.  In many cases, enrollment restrictions are also a factor, limiting our ability to accept all qualified applicants."al

Well sorry again :-/. One last question though. Did you notice if your application status on the UW website changed?

Edited by RaganSmash

48 minutes ago, RaganSmash said:

Well sorry again :-/. One last question though. Did you notice if your application status on the UW website changed?

Yes :( now brings me to a page that says the same thing as the email when I log in.

20 minutes ago, michi1987 said:

Yes :( now brings me to a page that says the same thing as the email when I log in.

Well hey man, good luck with the rest of your applications and thanks for answering my questions. I only applied to two UW departments and no other schools this year so I hope you're in a better position than me!

1 hour ago, RaganSmash said:

Well hey man, good luck with the rest of your applications and thanks for answering my questions. I only applied to two UW departments and no other schools this year so I hope you're in a better position than me!

Ahh I'm sorry dude :( I applied to 19 (yeah I know lol) schools and have heard literally NOTHING from any of them. It's gotten to the point that I assumed my email was broken or something lol so I was at least happy to see some movement, even if it's a rejection.

On 1/1/2016 at 5:17 PM, michi1987 said:

Ahh I'm sorry dude :( I applied to 19 (yeah I know lol) schools and have heard literally NOTHING from any of them. It's gotten to the point that I assumed my email was broken or something lol so I was at least happy to see some movement, even if it's a rejection.

Oh my that's crazy! I applied to seven and was exhausted haha

What schools did you apply to? 

1 hour ago, michi1987 said:

Harvard, Brown, University of Washington, Mayo, University of Virginia, Baylor, Dartmouth, University of Miami, Tufts, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, UTMB, University of Minnesota, University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of South Florida. I guess technically "only" 15 schools, but for some of them I applied to two different programs (for a total of 19).

What USF program did you apply to? I applied to Cancer Bio!

6 hours ago, michi1987 said:

Harvard, Brown, University of Washington, Mayo, University of Virginia, Baylor, Dartmouth, University of Miami, Tufts, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, UTMB, University of Minnesota, University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of South Florida. I guess technically "only" 15 schools, but for some of them I applied to two different programs (for a total of 19).

Hey, I applied to UAB and UVA also. Which programs received your spectacular application? I applied to 16 schools total. 

If it means anything to you, I personally think you'll get some good offers.  I can't find your profile of stats, but you've applied broadly to many schools and that's always a good thing.  It's too early to be thinking you're rejected and that's just depressing anyways.  Hold out until the end of January and I bet you'll get some invites. ^_^

On 12/29/2015 at 2:13 PM, Nero_Mustbethefeeling said:

I also received an invitation to the PBSB program that conflicts with another interview. I tried calling today but it went to voicemail.

Keep me updated if you hear anything, hopefully they will add another interview date,

I just RSVPd to the January dates they offered and turned down the interview that conflicted because PBSB was a higher priority for me and I was afraid that they might not offer another date or that they might offer just an interview session and not a full three day visit again... I hope it works out for you though! :)