Is graduate program without funding at University of Wisconsin Madison right for me?

I didn't get any research exposure in my undergrad. I have been working as a application developer for over 2 years now. I have received an admit for Professional Masters Program at University of Wisconsin Madison (Same masters but without funding). I am not sure what my computer science area of interest is. I seem to have a positive inclination towards AI/ML mostly because my friends were working on it in undergrad. I seem to have a negative impression on Systems because of the way my undergrad professors taught and de-motivated us saying it's not right to join industry.

I want to pursue masters with interest, not for the sake of getting an entry to the US. I am not keen on investing time and money on a program which is not good for someone looking to explore different areas without a specific area in mind.

So I'm confused now whether to pursue after getting an admit. Request inputs from seniors.

Edited by stepbystepwegrow

A professional master's in engineering (M.Eng, or its equivalent in CS) isn't funded because the degree requires little to no research; it's primarily course-based + might include projects. However, afaik, one may conduct research with a faculty member if he/she wishes and get funded w/ RA. These degrees are usually for professional development.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use