Is this field a better fit for my MH interests?

_kita

I was pretty certain that I was a weird culmination of clinical/counseling/social/neuropsych focused. I have worked in the direct care world for several years (5 now) helping schizophrenics, developmental disabilities, etc. And in those 5 years, I was getting increasingly frustrated with the policies around them. Several of my clients are severely limited by treatment plans, programs, and increasingly severed funds.

So, I went into a counseling M.A. program, planning on pursing a doctoral later on. I focused on faulty treatment plan development, interventions, etc. Now that this program is coming to a completion, I've been struggling to find research fits hardly anywhere... except apparently at places such as John Hopkins Public Health: Mental Health department. The research interests fit like a glove! 

However, with that in mind, I've read on here that a counseling M.A. is not quite qualifying enough for the DrPH direction. So I'm wondering if I need to reevaluate this direction, or if I'm on the right path. Also other qualifiers I might need. 

Other stats/info:

Undergrad GPA: 3.42

Current Grad GPA: 3.95

GRE: V: 154 Q: 145 A: 4 Retaking them in a few days, but it doesn't look like they're budging much

Research Experience: 2 1/2 yrs undergrad; completing a "bias in treatment plan development" research study

Work Experience: 5 years community mental health; 2 1/2 years teaching ethics, Psychology, Eng Comp, A&P, 3 years Graduate Assistant for the Psychology Department: tutoring statistics/psych classes & administrating the departmental research pool

Other: 2 years on the ACA ethics competition team

Thanks for any feedback.