Sociology '07

sfoy

No, but I'm also waiting on Princeton for Anthropology...Great department but I don't know how much I want to spend all that time in princeton (of course, I would be thrilled if accepted). What's their sociology dept known for?

You wouldn't have to. There's fieldwork and writing elsewhere to save you...

I'm not sure about UCSD's time frame. I was contacted early because they needed more information in order to nominate me for a university fellowship. I'm guessing that if I hadn't been nominated for a fellowship, I would probably not know about their decision yet.

What are you all interested in?

I'm interested in Sex and Gender, Quality of Life, Aging/Life Course, relationships, and symbolic interactionism.

I'm also interested in stratification related to the above.

I've been accepted to OSU with funding so far. Still waiting on Four schools, been rejected to two.

So far I have gotten accepted to Berkeley (which was my top choice, so I am pleased) and UCLA and was rejected from Princeton (meh). I applied to 10 programs in total. Question: has anyone heard from University of Michigan or Harvard yet?

Good luck to everyone... the waiting is a bitch.

Supersonicman: I just e-mailed the Soc Dept at UCSD today and asked for info. Three hours later, I get an e-mail from the Grad School Admissions folks not from the department. I was rejected. And then it told me to check the website, which just had a copy of the same generic letter. Of all four UC schools, only UCLA sent out anything without being prodded. And only Berkeley and Irvine actually sent out something from the department rather than the Grad Divisions.

I am 0 for 4 and thus won't be joining y'all next year. Too bad. Good Luck!!! 8)

Anyone with ideas on where us "rejects" can apply next year? I need a good safety state school and/or private school on the West Coast. Field: immigration. Particular Funding Situation: International Student, i.e. more expensive, esp in UC system that doesn't offer waivers for those forced to pay out of state tuition. :idea:

johnnieoz: I got in to Northeastern, it seems like they aren't too selective with their admission process. Also you can try Kent State or LSU. (I know they're not in the region that you're looking for, but they seem to have funding available and are really looking to recruit students.)