Ph.D in Educational Psychology

Psycherd12

Hey everyone--

So I'm considering applying for Ph.D programs in Educational Psychology. Is anyone here familiar with the degree? I'm still trying to figure out whether I want to pursue a degree in Higher Education or Ed Psych, so any input would be helpful! :)

I'm working on my Master's in Ed Psy right now (comp'in in the spring).

You may also want to try the Education forum too :-)

As for your decision that has a LOT to do with what YOU want to do with the degree.

I'm really interested in researching college adjustment/transition. So I'm definitely interested in Higher Ed and going onto becoming an administrator/researcher :) Would this degree be relevant? I'll finish up my masters this coming Spring in Ed Psych!

Your program of choice really will depend on how you want to look at that problem. Do you want to do that research for a career? If so, Ed Psych may be a good option. IF you want to go into higher ed administration then something like Educational Leadership is more likely to be what you want to look into.

BTW Same here, I'm doing my comps this spring!