Curious about the percentage of which country are we from.

XQ

Where are you from?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you from?

• United States
    • Canada
    • South America
    • Europe
    • China (including Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan)
    • Japan
    • Korea (including south and north)
    • India
    • Mexico
    • Other country

Hi, guys, I just wondering what would the percentage be regarding to the percentage of which country are we from? Thanks! Hope you are interested in this as well!

:)

Best regards, 

XQ

This is an ... interesting selection of countries and continents. You can be from South America or from Mexico, but no other country in Central America; You can't really be from the Middle East, Africa, Australia, NZ, etc. -- those all go into "other," although you realize they are quite distinct. Same goes for different countries in Europe -- Germany is different from the Netherlands is different from France, all of which are different from the UK and from countries in Central and Eastern Europe. On the other hand, you can specify what particular country in Asia you are from (and I won't comment on the countries that have been subsumed under "China"). Given this odd level of granularity, I am not sure what we can learn about when people are from, if they happen to not be from several specific countries in Asia or from North America.

Thanks for the comments! And I apologize for my hasty post last night. Yeah, I have to say there are so many mistakes...:o

Actually, my original intention was to see if English native speakers account for the majority of users/members in this forum so that I would have an idea whether English-learners are able to "safely" learn how to organize/express an idea or how to argue a statement etc. 

Sorry about the confusion and the lack of options of other countries.

I mean, you could just make a poll for who is a native speaker of English... One's nationality doesn't always coincide with one's linguistic ability.

Thanks, good point.