LA Area Crit/Studio Visit Group

aethiryn

Hey All! 

I'm wondering if anyone in the greater Los Angeles area would be interested in starting a crit/studio visit group? I recently just finished my MFA and moved to Los Angeles about 3 months ago. I'm still navigating the terrain of LA and while I know a good portion of people that I met through my program, they are a little bit more established than myself and a bit too busy.

Depending on how large the group is and what format people are interested in, we could either meet in a group and do the 'group crit' format in people's studios, or if people's schedules are super tight I even think just exchanging emails and setting up individual studio visits could be beneficial. ***

I don't think this necessarily needs to be artists with their MFA, anyone who is interested and lurking on the forum is welcome! I think if anyone is applying to grad schools, this could be extremely helpful (wish I had done that more before applying). Additionally, I was thinking it would be great to connect with fellow artists outside of the LA area, perhaps doing Skype studio visits/artist talks? 

I'm really excited to meet and support fellow artists. Let me know if anyone is interested! 

***also I use 'studio' loosely, we could meet in your dining room/garage/in a park/anyplace in which you work. 

Fantastic idea, aethiryn! I'm in SF but try to get down to LA as often as I can (every month-and-a-half to two months or so)... so hey, it's possible the stars would align and I could make it in person every now and then. Definitely would be interested in Skype visits/talks with a bunch of fellow artists!

Fantastic idea, aethiryn! I'm in SF but try to get down to LA as often as I can (every month-and-a-half to two months or so)... so hey, it's possible the stars would align and I could make it in person every now and then. Definitely would be interested in Skype visits/talks with a bunch of fellow artists!

That would be awesome, we could totally arrange some Skype studio visits! I'm actually about to take off for a residency for a month, but I'm excited to get the ball rolling on this. Maybe we could do a Skype studio visit sesh soon? Sent you my info. 

Interested as well.

Thanks for reaching out! Just sent you a message. 

If anyone else is interested, don't hesitate to reach out!