Someone else whining about a typo!

Just had to find a relevant place to vent:

PhD proposal defense tomorrow, copies all out to committee, and I re-read, like a masochistic eejit, and found a STUPID typo--silly proofreading error--subject-verb agreement--ahhhhhhrggggggh!

That is all. I will be ashamed of this error until and after I conference call for my defense (again, tomorrow). Others probably exist within the depths of the proposal, but I am not looking again.

For the cherry on top, I had already sent a second version out about a fortnight ago just as an "fyi" with another error noted (so they would not have to locate it) and corrected. No WAY am I sending a third version.  Spouse talked me out of it, if I'm honest, and confirmed that it might just annoy the committee.

Crap.

PST

Ummm... one typo is not going to be your downfall by any means. My PhD applications had typos in the SOPs and I was admitted with funding. I've gotten interviews for jobs where my cover letter had multiple typos in it. Obviously I'm not saying that you should make typos. I'm just saying that you're more likely to notice than anyone else. Good luck tomorrow!

Relevant link: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/faq-the-snake-fight-portion-of-your-thesis-defense

Specifically:

Q: What does it mean if I get a small snake that is also very strong? 
A: Snake-picking is not an exact science. The size of the snake is the main factor. The snake may be very strong, or it may be very weak. It may be of Asian, African, or South American origin. It may constrict its victims and then swallow them whole, or it may use venom to blind and/or paralyze its prey. You shouldn’t read too much into these other characteristics. Although if you get a poisonous snake, it often means that there was a problem with the formatting of your bibliography.