Electrical/Computer Engineering admission results?

durlov

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time lurker - first time poster here.

I am also awaiting to hear from MIT. What would you guys say my chances are.

I have masters from wayne state university, detroit, MI in EE.

Good GPA of 3.9

one first author paper in applied physics letters

two international conference oral presentations and one international conference poster presentation

GRE V-700 Q-780 AWA - 4.5

3 good recommendations

I am applying to Universities in boston only because my family is here.

Applying to MIT, Harvard, Boston University, Northeastern and tufts

Thank you.

Is anybody here NOT already done/doing MS? Is anybody applying with only a bachelors degress so far?

Hey durlov, I'm also undergrad so you are not alone! :P

Did you apply for Masters or PhD ? The prof who directed my undergrad research received his PhD from MIT and mentioned they do take undergrads applying straight into the PhD program preferable to those w/ masters objective. There is hope, though I must say I believe chances are slim if we didn't hear anything by now unless you are waiting on an external fellowship (NSF, etc.).

arlutin, yea i did apply for phd. in fact, when i talked to one of the professors, he said that i should apply for phd even though i still need masters. they would just make me get my masters first and then depending on the quals, i'll either be allowed to continue towards phd or not..

did you also apply straight for phd? did you hear from any other schools?

i missed all the fellowship deadlines, so no such luck for me there this year.

what about you?

Yes I also applied straight for PhD, not only at MIT but at most schools I applied to except for my safety schools. I also missed the deadlines for fellowships, a bit bummed about that right now...I think I may have had a better chance had I not missed them.

I haven't heard from any other schools so far, how about you? Starting to get extremely anxious as most people about now...I'm really hoping I hear some good news from somewhere next week just to relieve some of the worrying and fear of spending a year in a cube and having to go through the process again next year haha :wink:

congrats, lifegoeson!

I am applying straight from undergrad, so seeing that you all published something was a little scary. We'll see how much Ohio is giving me.

Another problem is that I can't attend the open house, since I'm abroad right now. What should I tell them?

Dear all,

I was accepted at Carnegie Mellon - Robotics Institute PhD. (5 years full tuition + $2100)

They sent a letter through UPS on February 16th and arrived today, at 9:00 monday.

The package is very very thin, and so it has been a little scary :D

Congratulations, lifegoeson!

Thank you. The letter says that they had 24 places for 258 applicants (9.3%).

My hopes are over for MIT, and Caltech only admits very few people, so I think this will be the place.

Pittsburgh seems so depressing compared to {big european capital} where I live.

No wait another day for MIT. Today is a holiday there.