Electrical/Computer Engineering admission results?

durlov

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so this is the REAL REAL last day.

We should see some rejections today, too.

I dont think EECS sends rejections through email usually. I called them up and was told that everybody was being sent official notifications by tomorrow through post. So, the decisions have already been made, and if it was positive, there is no reason we wouldn't have gotten an email by now. Which leads me to believe that we probably are going to end up with a few more no-activity days and then see a postal letter in the mailbox one fine day. I'm sad. :evil:

I just called eecs. They said most decisions are made and they will be mailed out next week. They can tell us the decisions next week thru phone once the decisions are in the mail. As madmax pointed out this is probably bad new- since we did not receive admit email they probably rejected us.

Not sure about this. Someone has posted today in yuster as getting acceptance notification from MIT CS by mail on the 20th. I also called MIT today. The lady told me they email only few acceptance decisions, but most of them are sent by mail. Don't know how true it is.

I can't believe none among us has been accepted (or even heard) by MIT EECS. At least, LifeGoesOn should get in.

I can't believe none among us has been accepted (or even heard) by MIT EECS. At least, LifeGoesOn should get in.

I really do hope you have inside sources at MIT that told you that. :?

I think I have the average "qualifications" (pubs/recs/experience etc) for MIT, but unfortunately, I had the following disadvantages:

1) no outside funding

2) non-american, male, white (cuts 95% of possible fellowships)

3) did not have contacts with faculty before

4) possibly screwed up my SoP

But it was surely worth a shot (and $80).

As i suspected it is pretty much over...

arlutin: have all decisions been made?

nice lady: Yes, notifications will be mailed tomorrow.

arlutin: have all the accepted been notified via email prior to the mailing?

nice lady: Hrm...most of them have...Yes.