Electrical/Computer Engineering admission results?

durlov

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arlutin, when you called the office, were they able to tell you anything concrete about your case?

Well, I didn't ask...her tone of voice when I asked if the accepted received notification via email told the whole story.

Yeah everyone keep this thread alive and post decision results ! :)

Nope they give no reasons just few words "Sorry, you have not been accepted ", which is more kind than saying "Sorry, you were rejected" :) .

Anyway, I prepared myself for this answer so it was OK.

Who knows may be in sevral yeras they will regret this and may be not :wink:

I am totally freaking out... I've applied to 5 schools and heard nothing so far. Sounds like no-news-is-bad-news at this point for MIT, so I'm down to 4. I'm already planning plan B. Please tell me this feeling that everyone is going to reject me is normal.

I really need your help on this guys : do any of you know what kind of delivery service universities/MIT use to deliver the admit/reject mails. Is it USPS or courier service?The reason for this question is that I just moved from Detroit to Boston and people at my old apt in Detroit told me that they received an USPS envelope in my name today and they sent it back because I do not live there any more.

I really need your help on this guys : do any of you know what kind of delivery service universities/MIT use to deliver the admit/reject mails. Is it USPS or courier service?The reason for this question is that I just moved from Detroit to Boston and people at my old apt in Detroit told me that they received an USPS envelope in my name today and they sent it back because I do not live there any more.

My admission to CMU arrived via UPS "express envelope".

Anyone heard from Berkeley EECS? I'm confused since admissions seems to be doing the same thing it did last year -- a burst of acceptances over 2-3 days and then a week later comes a burst of rejections which last another 2-3 days. According to last year's results, there were almost no reportings outside these peroids, but I have heard nothing from them. By reading this thread it seems you guys haven't either. Has anyone heard news from Berkeley? Any speculations on what they're up to?

i just got an email from cornell that (1) i'm not rejected, and, (2) i'm not accepted either - at least not yet. and then, something about receiving decision anytime between now and apr 15.

That's quite a window, perhaps their way of saying you are waitlisted?

2Qs:

1) did you guys receive the rejection frm MIT?

2) I have an offer from an university, I don't really know if they are offering any financial support but they are inviting me to the grad recruitment day. I am abroad right now, how do I say nicely that i can't attend? I hope this will not affect my admission:D