Anyone else always ridiculously happy when students do well?

PinkPsychologist

I am teaching three classes for the same course (~60 1st year students) this year. They had in-class discussions this week and they did SO well - even the group I was a little worried about. Both with regard to content and how they treated their team members and opponents. 

Anyone else always ridiculously happy when students do well? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I get wicked happy when my students do well on their exams. I understand that the subject may be difficult and there is a lot of memorization for an intro but it makes the position worth it esp. when they really engage and apply their knowledge. I really try to let them explain what they know about it and I'll fill in gaps of knowledge during reviews and I would say that about 85% of the time, they are just not sure of themselves although they understand the material. 

I'm right there with you, PinkPsychologist. 

• 1 month later...

Yes! I was really happy a few weeks ago when my undergraduates answered their own questions instead of always looking to me or waiting for me to moderate. It means we've developed a safe and supportive learning community where students feel like they can share their questions and attempt to answer the questions based on their experiences and the course readings/course work. :)

• 1 month later...