Chemistry Application Fall 2016

ChemEnthusiast

I received an offer from UC Riverside yesterday which includes Dean's Distinguished Fellowship (~25k/year). :) First acceptance so far.

On 1/6/2016 at 2:49 PM, swiftninja said:

Did anyone else already get accepted to USC? Do they not have an interview?

I did not apply to USC but a friend of mine did and she was recently accepted (via e-mail, I believe)  without an interview.  She applied for organic chemistry there.

On 1/8/2016 at 3:40 AM, onceinalifetime said:

Congrats on those acceptances! I'm crossing my fingers for Irvine, but at this point its clear I wasn't one of their top choices. I've heard they highly value research experience there, which may explain why they weren't eager to accept me. How much research exp do you have if you dont mind me asking?

So I was waiting for Irvine as well, and just decided to check that grad tracker link they provided back in November when I completed my application, and saw an acceptance letter. I have not yet gotten an email or call or anything, so I was pretty surprised to see that I had been accepted. The pdf was marked 2 days ago. If you haven't checked that tracker in awhile, maybe you're in the same situation as I was and just haven't been notified by email or phone yet! :)

2 hours ago, FTY720 said:

So I was waiting for Irvine as well, and just decided to check that grad tracker link they provided back in November when I completed my application, and saw an acceptance letter. I have not yet gotten an email or call or anything, so I was pretty surprised to see that I had been accepted. The pdf was marked 2 days ago. If you haven't checked that tracker in awhile, maybe you're in the same situation as I was and just haven't been notified by email or phone yet! :)

Thanks for the tip! Just saw my acceptance on the tracker as well, with the letter dated from yesterday

2 hours ago, FTY720 said:

Ok im about to check. I'm nervous as hell!

3 hours ago, FTY720 said:

Nah still just says being reviewed for mine

30 minutes ago, Orgo for days said:

It's been a bit quiet, but I'm feeling Princeton this week after looking up previous decision dates, best of luck, guys and gals! At least the rejection comes quick for those of us who don't make it.

Among the most recent results to come, I'm waiting for princeton as well. Maybe by today some offers will be sent :P

Got an acceptance email from a POI from UPenn a couple hours ago! From previous years it looks they admit people into feb so they are probably still going through apps. I wonder too, based on the way they wanted the SOP formatted, if they don't admit by sub-field in which case notifications could be spread out.

Edited by sarl

1 hour ago, Say No To Entropy said:

Now you have me nervous! I didn't receive such an e-mail. UPenn wants your fall semester transcript? Is that normal procedure?

I have no idea! I bet it is possibly because I am on the fence to the admission committee and they want to help decide which way to go? I have no idea whether it is normal procedure! It just made me really want a decision even more. 

55 minutes ago, sarl said:

Got an acceptance email from a POI from UPenn a couple hours ago! From previous years it looks they admit people into feb so they are probably still going through apps. I wonder too, based on the way they wanted the SOP formatted, if they don't admit by sub-field in which case notifications could be spread out.

Congrats! What sub-field are you if you don't mind me asking? And did they ask you for your fall transcripts? 

20 minutes ago, NoOrgoPlease said:

Congrats! What sub-field are you if you don't mind me asking? And did they ask you for your fall transcripts? 

Thanks! I'm inorganic. I graduated last year so I didn't have any updated transcripts to send out.

3 minutes ago, sarl said:

Thanks! I'm inorganic. I graduated last year so I didn't have any updated transcripts to send out.

Oh, I am inorganic as well. One less spot for me haha ^_^. Hopefully Ill be able to join you in the accept pile. 

I see on the results page that a lot of people have been accepted to Yale. I applied but have not heard from them either way. Time to be concerned?

I have 3 years research experience, good letters, GPA 3.53, GREq 75%, GREv 97%, GREw 92%, didn't send GREchem because it was 33%. 

I have been accepted to UT Austin with a TA offer. 

I have applied to MIT, Stanford, Harvard, Northwestern, Yale, UT Austin, Michigan, and Colorado. 

1 hour ago, dells_of_bittersweet said:

I see on the results page that a lot of people have been accepted to Yale. I applied but have not heard from them either way. Time to be concerned?

I have 3 years research experience, good letters, GPA 3.53, GREq 75%, GREv 97%, GREw 92%, didn't send GREchem because it was 33%. 

I have been accepted to UT Austin with a TA offer. 

I have applied to MIT, Stanford, Harvard, Northwestern, Yale, UT Austin, Michigan, and Colorado. 

Hey dude, I wouldn't worry about it! In previous years people were still getting accepted until late January/early February, so you've still got plenty of chances to get accepted. If you can get into UTA, you've got a good chance at Yale too, as well as many of those other schools.