Theatre/performance 2016 MA and PhD applicants

directeur

Anyone applying to MA or PhD programs for 2016?  So far, I'm looking at University of Oregon, UC-Santa Barbara, UT-Austin, Stony Brook University, and Northwestern.  I'm looking for strong interdisciplinary-based programs.

I am! 

So far, I'm looking at Tufts, Pittsburgh, and University of Maryland College Park. I have an arts administration and production background (I'm graduating with an MS in Arts Administration in May). The overall goal is a PhD, so I'm hoping to get into a school with an MA/PhD program. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've applied to the following Ph.D. programs:

UC Irvine

Texas Tech

UT Austin

University of Minnesota

University of Missouri

Bowling Green State

University of Pittsburgh

I've been in touch with some faculty, but my communications have mostly been about application processes/requirements.

Looking at MA programs at University of Pittsburgh, Florida State University, Miami University, Washington University in St. Louis Brooklyn College, and King's College London.

Anyone get any acceptances yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - I'm applying to performance studies and dance studies PhD programs... I've got four in (Northwestern, Berkeley, Brown, and UC-Riverside) and one more to go (NYU). 

Northwestern has an in-service day today for MLK, but I'd expect any of us applying there should get an interview request or a rejection within the week. As long as the admissions committee is operating on the usual timeline. 

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for all of us!

Hi, TAPS 2016!

I haven't heard anything yet from either school =/ ( and high five! we applied to the same school!)

I was doing some research on here, and the dates in which they contact people range differently.  Some people found out on Feb. 4, May. 16, and  April.15- they were in different years, but the range is kinda crazy! 

I have a good friend that told me when  she applied she found out in March, but this was like  seven years ago. Hopefully they tell us soon, waiting for a response is draining :(

Logged into the UT website this afternoon - denied.  I feel like my application was good, but the program is so competitive.  Not surprised, not crushed.  Best of luck to the rest of you who applied there!

Thanks, geekerjoy!  I'm actually totally okay with this, and looking forward to more news! :)

I see lots of Berkeley news coming out.  Any news for you?

Edited by TAPS 2016

Hello all. Just received a skype interview invite for sometime later this month from Northwestern Interdisciplinary Theatre & Drama. Anyone else received the summons? It's quite exciting (and daunting)!

Hey guys, so glad I found this topic!

I've been offered an admission from BGSU for PhD. I believe it's a pretty decent department, but, since I live outside of USA, I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me some info in regard to their reputation and robustness.

BTW, I'm still waiting for these: CUNY The Graduate Center, Maryland-College Park, Indiana-Bloomington, Georgia (UGA). I had applied for Northwestern (ITT), but got rejected. Congrats to talkingscop; rock on pal :)

1 hour ago, directeur said:

Congrats talkingscop and mrbabaee!  I've gotten two rejections and am waiting on 6 more.  I keep telling myself no news is good news, but I'm getting antsy.

Thank you pal!

I completely understand the situation. It's really tough keep going when you hear a rejection. I was devastated when I heard my two rejections. But, trust me, good news are coming! Just stand tall and try to have a chat with your friends. In fact, I guess no one minds if you want to share your thoughts here. Try it more, it will help :)