Hunter College

I am attending their program right now.

Their admissions process will be a little different from last year's. All I know is that the interviews will happen this year. If you haven't gone to their open house, I would recommend attending at least one. They really help with giving a good idea of what their program is about and what they like to see in the applications. I don't remember much but they like to see good recommendations and a good personal statement. 

The program is great, I love it! The classes are small and we're all like a small, tight-knit family. First year classes are mostly all day and second year have morning placements and evening classes. It's full time and you could work part-time somewhere that has a very flexible schedule but it really depends on your study habits/commute. All the classes are chosen for you so you never have to worry about not getting into a class. Plus, you are guaranteed to graduate in five semesters. The clinic is in the same building as the classes which are all in the Brookdale Campus. The clinic is kinda dinky and old (I mean, it's CUNY...) but its all student run and they really want you to learn how to deal with paperwork, billing and calls like you work in your own practice. Definitely no hand-holding but the faculty members are approachable and open to suggestions/concerns/complaints. The in-house clients are so sweet and are very motivated. The classes are interesting as well and you have the option to start clinic in your first semester (which is not graded). The only major problem I have with the program is the building temperature control (again, it's CUNY). If you find complaints about Hunter's program elsewhere on the internet, its probably undergrads complaining about the undergrad program. 

If you need any more information, please let me know! I know when I applied to Hunter, I didn't know anyone who went there and I didn't find answers about the program on this forum. 

5 hours ago, shiseidored said:

I am attending their program right now.

Their admissions process will be a little different from last year's. All I know is that the interviews will happen this year. If you haven't gone to their open house, I would recommend attending at least one. They really help with giving a good idea of what their program is about and what they like to see in the applications. I don't remember much but they like to see good recommendations and a good personal statement. 

The program is great, I love it! The classes are small and we're all like a small, tight-knit family. First year classes are mostly all day and second year have morning placements and evening classes. It's full time and you could work part-time somewhere that has a very flexible schedule but it really depends on your study habits/commute. All the classes are chosen for you so you never have to worry about not getting into a class. Plus, you are guaranteed to graduate in five semesters. The clinic is in the same building as the classes which are all in the Brookdale Campus. The clinic is kinda dinky and old (I mean, it's CUNY...) but its all student run and they really want you to learn how to deal with paperwork, billing and calls like you work in your own practice. Definitely no hand-holding but the faculty members are approachable and open to suggestions/concerns/complaints. The in-house clients are so sweet and are very motivated. The classes are interesting as well and you have the option to start clinic in your first semester (which is not graded). The only major problem I have with the program is the building temperature control (again, it's CUNY). If you find complaints about Hunter's program elsewhere on the internet, its probably undergrads complaining about the undergrad program. 

If you need any more information, please let me know! I know when I applied to Hunter, I didn't know anyone who went there and I didn't find answers about the program on this forum. 

Do you know the reason the school is bringing back the interview process?

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Edited by Arcanelady27
More to insert

1 hour ago, shiseidored said:

Yeah sure! Because the first year class is larger than usual, they are deciding to do the interviews again to reduce the number for the following year. 

How many first year students for Fall '15?