UC versus CSU

EWEGNNALL

Hello:

I hope this is the right section for this post.  I am just wondering how graduate school is important for my future.  Namely UCs and CSUs.  I understand one is more theoretical while the other practical, but how are big companies like Google or Orbitz for engineers.  Do I have about the same chance to land an interview after graduate school?  I am looking into Computer Science.

Edited by EWEGNNALL

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, San Jose State is the #1 feeder to Apple with UCB falling in 3rd place and UCLA something 7th.  San Jose is the only CSU that makes it into any top 10 list for California tech companies and for the UCs it is typically UCB followed by UC Davis then UCLA.  For Google and Facebook I believe the #1 feeder is Stanford followed by UCB.  

Of course this is only for undergrad.  Not sure how the numbers stack up for grad programs.  You are correct in your assessment, however, in that the UCs tend to focus on the theoretical with the CSUs focusing on the practical "career training".  

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use