Gates Cambridge 2016-17

centillion

8 minutes ago, Feanor said:

By the way, they do send rejections emails (I got one last year on the 10th of March).

Are you talking about Gates Scholarship rejection letter? And if so, do you mean 10th February or 10th March last year? I don't understand...

9 hours ago, RGS16 said:

Also, if you take a look at the Gates Cambridge Twitter it seems as though invitations have been sent out.

I could have been looking at the wrong twitter account, but all the tweets appear to be about US Gates Cambridge scholars, not international

2 hours ago, torvicnz said:

I could have been looking at the wrong twitter account, but all the tweets appear to be about US Gates Cambridge scholars, not international

Someone asked about non-US interview yesterday morning and they replied that not all the interview invitations had been sent out yet but that it should be 'imminent'.

I'm a Canadian applicant and received an offer a few days ago but still haven't heard regarding Gates (or any other scholarships)... Aside from Gates, does anyone know when we can expect news regarding Cambridge Trust scholarships? 

Edited by jacob123

i think it depends quite heavily on the individual scholarships. I was told a few would be announced by end of April. In general, though, this funding announcement schedule has not been in good alignment with my US offers, ie I might have to make a decision before I know about funding opps from Cambridge. 

On February 28, 2016 at 5:26 AM, MarieC said:

Right. It indeed seems like they sent interview letters yesterday and the day before yesterday. However, they did not send every letter yet (see twitter) - maybe it depends on the committee. I know that people classified as doing 'biological sciences' have been contacted. I don't know about 'physical sciences', 'social sciences' and 'art', the other 3 reviewing committees. Do you know anyone in these disciplines who received an invitation yet? Anyway, the torture of waiting will end soon. I assume that if we don't hear about them by Monday evening, that's too bad...

I am in the ''social sciences'' and haven't received an invitation yet. 

Any news? I am an international applicant.

• 2 weeks later...

Any internationals get their interview results? I would guess the foundation will post the official results online tomorrow, so I'd imagine the winners have already been notified by email.

23 hours ago, cwr said:

Any internationals get their interview results? I would guess the foundation will post the official results online tomorrow, so I'd imagine the winners have already been notified by email.

Yes. I was notified of the award last Thursday for a PhD in pharmacology.

2 minutes ago, NeuroSC said:

Yes. I was notified of the award last Thursday for a PhD in pharmacology.

Congratulations; that's awesome! Did Luisa say what date they would post the profiles/announcement? I'm eager to see the rest of the cohort. 

3 minutes ago, cwr said:

Congratulations; that's awesome! Did Luisa say what date they would post the profiles/announcement? I'm eager to see the rest of the cohort. 

Thanks.

The email from Luisa said the deadline to accept and submit the bio is 10 AM 30th March, UK time. So I am guessing the list will be out first week of April.

4 hours ago, NeuroSC said:

Thanks.

The email from Luisa said the deadline to accept and submit the bio is 10 AM 30th March, UK time. So I am guessing the list will be out first week of April.

Ah, got it! I suppose that makes sense. I didn't realize (until now) that the timing of the interview was different for international versus US – middle of the week versus weekend, respectively – so it makes sense that they haven't announced the official list yet. Thanks for clarifying, and congrats again!