interview invitations

jzhan118

Hey guys, I have a question about interviews...How are these invitations sent? Via phone? Email? I saw in the result forum that either can happen. Because I am not gonna be in the states over winter break, and was worried if they send invitations via phone, which I would not have access to...

If you're that worried, set up a vacation response on your phone saying that you're out of the country, when you'll be back, and leaving the best way to reach you (so provide your email address if that's best). It'll be fine. It's also unlikely you'll hear anything so soon after the deadline.

My schools generally tried to contact me by phone first, then followed up with an email afterwards. For most schools, I missed the phone call because when I was in Canada, I don't pick up unknown long distance numbers (cost lots of $$) and many of the calls happened when I was in class or a meeting etc. 

The committee spends a lot of time and energy picking their candidates! They won't give up if they can't reach you by phone. They'll definitely try other means of communication such as email. 

The auto respond for phone and email suggestion is a good one!