Fall 2016 Comparative Literature Applicants

8 hours ago, KhiCompLit said:

Btw you are invited for an interview at CUNY. That may very well be an implied acceptance but at least you are shortlisted so congrats. :)

Results from the interview are TBD! It was last Thursday. I have rejections from U Minnesota (comp. discourses) & U Pittsburgh (history of art & architecture). An acceptance would be v. comforting right now.

Anyone wanna claim the Cornell Comp. Lit. acceptance? Hoping they are rolling out acceptances/waitlist notifications this week. Definitely expecting a rejection at this point now though...

12 hours ago, getoutofmyhouse said:

Results from the interview are TBD! It was last Thursday. I have rejections from U Minnesota (comp. discourses) & U Pittsburgh (history of art & architecture). An acceptance would be v. comforting right now.

All the very best!

Hi:)

I hope everyone is keeping up well with the waiting (and in my case, the obsessive checking of admission websites!). 

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from UC Irvine in Comp. Lit? or is waiting to hear from them?

5 hours ago, WendyWonderland said:

It is the third week of February, people, I started stress eating. Not funny, I was kinda hoping to loose weight before summer. And I live in LA. Mission failed. 

I'm the opposite. I either exercise too much or eat too little (in a very unhealthy manner). I'm starting to think I should have applied to more schools. I'm assuming I will be rejected from both Berkeley and Duke (this last one I have no control of, as the IIE is applying for me). 

Hang in there!

1 hour ago, BellaBendrix said:

I'm the opposite. I either exercise too much or eat too little (in a very unhealthy manner). I'm starting to think I should have applied to more schools. I'm assuming I will be rejected from both Berkeley and Duke (this last one I have no control of, as the IIE is applying for me). 

Hang in there!

Oh Thank you! I passed the over exercising phase. There were 10 days or so I only had one meal per day. Two days ago I switched to the stress eating phase. Today, trying to get up early and finally do some homework. I am 400 pages behind on Moby Dick. 

Edited by WendyWonderland

49 minutes ago, Apocolocyntosis said:

I talked to Berkeley, and they are sending out decisions this week. Whether these are only rejections at this point, or there are some acceptances still to be sent, was not made clear to me. 

Thanks for sharing. So my first rejection is on its way. 

8 minutes ago, Apocolocyntosis said:

It was for me too, but, in retrospect, I don't think it was the best fit. Crossing my fingers for good news for you soon!

Thank you! I wish you the best of luck too! How many schools do you have left?

3 hours ago, Birdsong on the Radio said:

Joining the Berkeley rejection / broken hearts club !

I only applied to seven schools and have five left to hear from. Crossing fingers (for myself and for everyone still waiting ! :) )

I think this should actually be a club. The Berkeley Rejects, or something.

Bah, I knew it was coming, it hurts, but meh... 

5 hours ago, WendyWonderland said:

Thank you! I wish you the best of luck too! How many schools do you have left?

I am fortunate enough to have one acceptance at a school that I would be more than happy to attend and am waiting on six more. How about you?

Edited by Apocolocyntosis

10 hours ago, WendyWonderland said:

I am the same with you. I have 14 to hear back from but I think most (all) of them would be rejections. Weeping. I would love to go to UCSB (top 3 choices) as long as it funds me. I am waiting for my chicken wings and pizza right now.  It is raining crazy in LA. As I said, I am totally in the stress eating phase now. 

I got into UCSB last year but turned it down to do a research fellowship in Germany. Did you go to the recruitment weekend? The program made it seem like a super strenuous process getting funding green-lighted by the grad division but basically everyone's funding goes through. I wouldn't worry if you've already been interviewed and told you're in if funding is available.