When can I send additional reports?

Halanow

Here is my case, I'm applying to about 10 programs and taking the GRE exactly 15 days before the deadline of these programs. Now, I know we have up to 4 free result report to be sent to the programs. But what about the other 6? I guess my question here would be : Can I order the additional 6 reports immediately after the exam so they arrive on time? Or I'm only able to do that after I get the result. 

I'm so pissed at myself for procrastinating and at the ETS for the misleading directions, they say 10-15 days but I just learned today that results are sent by mail not electronically. I was under the impression that since it's online test - not paper based - the result will be sent online to the programs. Why do they have to make it complicated like that, and who needs the paper anymore, isn't enough what we did to the environment so far ... 

Edited by Halanow

You will be able to order the additional score reports after your score is available online in your personal GRE account. The ETS will notify you about this through email, but usually the score is available earlier (approx. 10 days after the test day). Thus, better check regularly around 10 days after the test day.

Good luck :D

Many of the schools do receive the scores electronically, but ETS only sends scores twice a week Tuesdays and Thursdays(good to keep in mind for may fellow procrastinators) . So it is possible that many of your schools will receive the score quite quickly after they are finalized(10-15 days). So if your schools only accept paper they wont get them before your deadline. One word of hope for that possibility many programs (not all) accept documents after the due date as they understand that you have little to no control over this part of the program. 

Most schools accept scores electronically, as TheMonkeyOnMyBack says. I haven't heard only twice a week, but if that is the case, then that would make sense---for one school, I ordered the score report on Monday and on Tuesday morning, the school informed me they received the score! 

So, order as soon as they become online in your account. If this is close to your deadline, send the school a note saying that you've just ordered them so they know it's coming. Usually the scores do not have to arrive on time. I think I sent scores to about 2/8 schools after the deadline.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Do I have to specify anywhere in my order whether I want the score report to be sent electronically or by mail? Or will ets instead automatically send my scores electronically if the designated university accepts electronic submissions? 

thanks

No, the school tells ETS how they want to receive scores.  I had to follow up on some of my reports and ETS told me which schools want reports mailed, sent electronically, or both.  Also ETS doesn't just send reports on Tuesday and Thursday as was previously suggested since all of my electronic ones were sent on Wednesdays.