Behavioral Neuroscience 2016!

guest2130

Hello! I have been lurking on this site for a while and am new but I have not seen a thread for Behavioral Neuroscience for Fall 2016 yet (maybe I did not look enough?). Where have you guys applied? Has anyone heard back yet? This wait is killing me! :(

Hi, 

I applied to the Behavioral Neuro program at UCLA, and I haven't heard anything so far! You should take a look at the Psychology forum; there is a Cognitive Neuroscience thread and some other related threads. I know in the Cog Neuro threat, there are posters who are applying to various different neuroscience programs. :) 

Hello! I applied to a mix of cognitive/behavioral neuroscience programs. Top choice is the University of Washington behavioral neuroscience program. I have a skype interview with one POI planned, but that is with the cognitive neuro program at UT Austin. I'm assuming any others will come in early January.

On 12/21/2015 at 6:21 PM, passenger47 said:

Hello! I applied to a mix of cognitive/behavioral neuroscience programs. Top choice is the University of Washington behavioral neuroscience program. I have a skype interview with one POI planned, but that is with the cognitive neuro program at UT Austin. I'm assuming any others will come in early January.

I am hoping most invites will come out in January as well! Congrats on the interview!! I am starting to get super nervous looking at the results page, but I haven't seen much from the schools where I applied. 

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for 10 different schools but my top choice is Washington University in St. Louis. On New Year's Day I got an email from my POI. He said that he had noted that I had indicated him as a person of interest and then asked me if I had any questions. I sent him a few questions and he sent back a grant he's working on. After sending this he said he was going on vacation and their school's winter break isn't over until Jan 19th. 

Can someone interpret what this means? Like is he going to have me interview? I know he's on vacation but the wait is KILLING ME! I had mentally crossed this school off my list because I just didn't think I would make the cut...but now that my POI has e-mailed me, I'm all anxious again...  Ugh...

On 12/21/2015 at 3:21 PM, passenger47 said:

I also received an e-mail for a skype call with one of my POI's at the cog neuro program at UT Austin. Curious who your call is with, if you don't mind of course. :)

14 hours ago, RinseRepeat said:

I also received an e-mail for a skype call with one of my POI's at the cog neuro program at UT Austin. Curious who your call is with, if you don't mind of course. :)

I had a Skype interview but wasn't offered a campus interview. I'll PM you the POI I Skyped with, though!

• 1 month later...