Aging research focus

Timemachines

I am! I applied to the geropsychology focus at the University of Colorado - Colorado Springs. There were a few other schools on my list, like USC, but I ended up applying to just UCCS this go around due to a low quantitative score on the GRE.

Where did you end up applying/what type of aging research are you looking to do?

2 hours ago, Timemachines said:

Hi everyone!

I may be late on the bandwagon, but is anyone here applying to clinical programs with a focus in normal/abnormal aging??

If so, what programs did you apply to?

Fantastic! Ironically, the research felloe that I replaced in my current position applied to U of Colorado at Col Springs for their focus in geropsychology and she is very happy with the program. Best of luck! 

I applied to work with faculty and programs that focus on neuropsychology and healthy aging! (U of Houston, UConn, WashU, U of Florida, Texas A&M, UT Austin, Drexel, BU..etc). I have a low quant score as well so I'm hoping it won't steal the show :(

That's good to hear! It's my top choice program so my fingers are crossed. Finding neuropsych faculty was seriously so difficult! Most of the schools, if they had any, only had one. I'm interested in neurodegenerative disorders/dementia. You have a great list of schools, good luck with everything!!

Hi Arenee! I applied to UCCS with a geropysch focus and haven't heard anything back yet either. After browsing the results search on GradCafe, it seems like they didn't contact applicants until early January last year, so not convinced we have to be too worried yet :) Best of luck to you!! Also, they didn't give us a login to check our application status did they?

18 minutes ago, s.elizabeth said:

Hi Arenee! I applied to UCCS with a geropysch focus and haven't heard anything back yet either. After browsing the results search on GradCafe, it seems like they didn't contact applicants until early January last year, so not convinced we have to be too worried yet :) Best of luck to you!! Also, they didn't give us a login to check our application status did they?

That's what I saw too, so I'm feeling a lot better! And I was actually trying to get into that earlier and was unable to, despite it saying we can use our username and password from our application. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who was having problems with that.