Fall 2016 CANADIAN clinical psych applicants

Generic_Applicant

Hi All. I applied to 5 Canadian Clinical programs and have not heard anything, no emails for interviews, etc. At this point, end of January, does this mean chances are nill?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Jenn

2 minutes ago, Just_Waiting said:

@Recoverygurl which programs have you applied to? It completely depends which schools you're waiting to hear from

Hi @Just_Waiting I applied to Lakehead, McGill, Dalhousie, Concordia and UNB. Eeee this waiting is intense and it seems interview invites have already gone out?

Edited by Recoverygurl

1 minute ago, Recoverygurl said:

Hi @Just_Waiting I applied to Lakehead, McGill, Dalhousie, Concordia and UNB. Eeee this waiting is intense and it seems interview invites have already gone out?

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure about that! I haven't heard of anyone getting interviews for those schools yet, although I also don't personally know anyone who applied to any of them :S

To be honest, I don't think it's too late, lots of schools haven't sent out invites yet.

4 minutes ago, Just_Waiting said:

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure about that! I haven't heard of anyone getting interviews for those schools yet, although I also don't personally know anyone who applied to any of them :S

To be honest, I don't think it's too late, lots of schools haven't sent out invites yet.

Oh thank you for just reponding...made my day lol. This is an intense process. Where have you applied? Have you heard anything? 

2 minutes ago, Recoverygurl said:

Oh thank you for just reponding...made my day lol. This is an intense process. Where have you applied? Have you heard anything? 

No problem! It's a brutal time for us Canadians haha.

I've applied to Guelph, Queens, York, Ryerson, Western, U Miami and U of Oregon. I had an interview at Ryerson last week, and I'll be interviewing at Guelph next Friday. Haven't heard from the other schools, although it looks like Western isn't likely seeing as the invites for my POI went out already.

1 hour ago, Recoverygurl said:

Yay, fellow UNB applicant! Looks like we'll be waiting another week. Last year, UNB invites went out February 2-4!

Still waiting on Saskatchewan. Loosing hope because I haven't seen any invites except one that apparently went out last week...

1 hour ago, Just_Waiting said:
1 hour ago, Recoverygurl said:

@Recoverygurl which programs have you applied to? It completely depends which schools you're waiting to hear from

I applied to McGill and Concordia as well! Haven't heard anything personally, but I did see one person posted they received an interview invitation from Concordia on January 11. It seems some invites have gone out for McGill as well. Hopefully there's more to come?!

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=clinical+psychology+concordia&t=a&o=&pp=25

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=clinical+psychology+mcgill&t=a&o=&pp=25

On 1/22/2016 at 9:36 AM, Generic_Applicant said:

Emailed admin person at UTSC to ask about this weekend and was told "you will not be participating in the interview weekend but your application is still under consideration" whatever that means... :/ :(

Last year they had a second briefer round of interviews for applicants who didn't make the Interview Day. It's a much smaller group, but them saying that means you still stand a chance. Don't lose hope!

14 minutes ago, Jay's Brain said:

Last year they had a second briefer round of interviews for applicants who didn't make the Interview Day. It's a much smaller group, but them saying that means you still stand a chance. Don't lose hope!

Ah, I see. Thanks! I'm thinking offers will go out next week too since 24-26 was interview weekend. Last year they seemed to have gone out pretty quick 

5 hours ago, FacelessMage said:

Yay, fellow UNB applicant! Looks like we'll be waiting another week. Last year, UNB invites went out February 2-4!

Still waiting on Saskatchewan. Loosing hope because I haven't seen any invites except one that apparently went out last week...

5 hours ago, c3marsha said:

I applied to McGill and Concordia as well! Haven't heard anything personally, but I did see one person posted they received an interview invitation from Concordia on January 11. It seems some invites have gone out for McGill as well. Hopefully there's more to come?!

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=clinical+psychology+concordia&t=a&o=&pp=25

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=clinical+psychology+mcgill&t=a&o=&pp=25

Edited by Recoverygurl

9 hours ago, Recoverygurl said:

Is it bad taste to email potential supervisors to inquire about the status of applications?

I've been wondering about that too actually. I don't know how they would perceive that, if it looks bad or not. What do others think?

1 hour ago, c3marsha said:

I've been wondering about that too actually. I don't know how they would perceive that, if it looks bad or not. What do others think?

I would email the graduate program assistant rather than the individual supervisor, as they're more likely to be in the know. 

To those who applied to UNB Fredericton, I am currently in my last year of the BA Psychology program here and I don't think interview invites have been sent yet! I also know most of the psych professors here and can answer any questions about them you might have, just send me a PM :)

3 hours ago, Flume said:

To those who applied to UNB Fredericton, I am currently in my last year of the BA Psychology program here and I don't think interview invites have been sent yet! I also know most of the psych professors here and can answer any questions about them you might have, just send me a PM :)

@waitingishard All I know is that a classmate got an interview invite on Wednesday from UBC Van.