Fall 2016 CANADIAN clinical psych applicants

Generic_Applicant

57 minutes ago, Jiggs1987 said:

I also already have an MA, but even if you apply to the MA level (which seems to be the easier way in) it doesn't necessarily mean you'll need to do another Thesis. My experience is that most schools will still consider you for entry into the PhD, you may just need to complete a year of make-up courses at the MA level. Of course, that varies by program and school. 

This is good to know, although I only applied directly to the PhD at the only two programs (SFU and Ryerson) that weren't a combined MA/PhD (all the other programs admit at the MA level first year anyways before transitioning to the PhD), so I don't know. I've known people in the past who were admitted directly into the PhD program, so I figured I had a shot since my application was very competitive. 

On 2/4/2016 at 3:13 PM, FacelessMage said:
1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

This is good to know, although I only applied directly to the PhD at the only two programs (SFU and Ryerson) that weren't a combined MA/PhD (all the other programs admit at the MA level first year anyways before transitioning to the PhD), so I don't know. I've known people in the past who were admitted directly into the PhD program, so I figured I had a shot since my application was very competitive.

SFU is a combined MA/PhD program

Edited by TexasForever

2 hours ago, LabyrinthianMind said:

Just received an offer of admission to Windsor!!!!

Congratulations! My friend was admitted last year, and she LOVES the program. I never really looked into Windsor when I was applying, but from what I know now, it is a super competitive program, and pumps out some pretty amazing students. What stream are you going into? 

37 minutes ago, TexasForever said:

SFU is a combined MA/PhD program

I don't necessarily view it that way. In my view, the combined MA/PhD programs are where you're admitted at the MA level, but don't actually get awarded the MA, and don't always complete an MA thesis. You just get bumped to the PhD if they determine if your progress is satisfactory. I was hoping to be admitted to one of those programs. 

I emailed the UTSC graduate secretary to ask if all interview invites had gone out already. She said "the admissions process is still ongoing, and you'll be notified once a decision has been made about your application"
Not sure if that means interviews might still be going out or not, but i guess we'll see

5 hours ago, waitingishard said:

I emailed the UTSC graduate secretary to ask if all interview invites had gone out already. She said "the admissions process is still ongoing, and you'll be notified once a decision has been made about your application"
Not sure if that means interviews might still be going out or not, but i guess we'll see

Good to know...like your name waiting is hard. Thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, The Waiting Game said:

Has anyone heard anything from Dalhousie or The University of New Brunswick (UNB)?

@thewaitinggame I know of 2 people who have interviewed and already accepted to Dalhousie. However, my supervisor said he hasn't done any interviews yet. So, it is very dependent on the supervisor it seems, get in touch with them! 

10 hours ago, Generic_Applicant said:

No news on ryerson yet eh

I don't think recommendations have gone in yet. I just had a Skype interview with my POI this morning and she said that the decisions would be made soon. I'm guessing people will begin to hear news next week. 

On February 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM, The Waiting Game said:

Has anyone heard anything from Dalhousie or The University of New Brunswick (UNB)?

I know UNB profs sent in names of students they recommended for admission on Monday and the committee meets next week to finalize decisions. If I hear anything else I'll post about it!

On 2/9/2016 at 9:32 AM, Just_Waiting said:
23 minutes ago, Flume said:

I know UNB profs sent in names of students they recommended for admission on Monday and the committee meets next week to finalize decisions. If I hear anything else I'll post about it!

Do you have any idea whether UNB does interviews or not/if they've already completed their interviews?

48 minutes ago, jackiexls said:

Do you have any idea whether UNB does interviews or not/if they've already completed their interviews?

Yes they do have interviews, and I believe that all professors completed their first round of interviews for clinical last week

5 hours ago, Flume said:

Yes they do have interviews, and I believe that all professors completed their first round of interviews for clinical last week

Yes I believe interviews were completed last week. Fingers crossed for offer decisions next week, arghhh 

1 hour ago, Recoverygurl said:

Yes I believe interviews were completed last week. Fingers crossed for offer decisions next week, arghhh 

Good luck! If you get in and decide to visit, let me know and I could definitely show you around and introduce you to some grad students at UNB Fredericton :)

18 minutes ago, Applicant#1000 said:

Someone was invited for an interview at OISE? Do you know what program it was for?

The program was SCCP.  I saw it in the results section.  Trying not to freak out/have a heart attack/jump in a hole/withdraw all applications and apply to be a cat...

OISE (U Of T) Child Clinical Psychology, Masters (F16) Interview via E-mail on 14 Feb 2016   14 Feb 2016
  • report spam
  • had interview. was told that admission offers would be made in next two weeks