Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

1 minute ago, oedipus said:

your top choice is brown? selfishly not complaining if you withdraw that yale app.

AHHH!!! I'm on a conference call, but giving them a ring immediately after!

3 minutes ago, Shay825 said:

If I don't get any acceptances, I'm asking you to proof my entire app next season!!!!

Hahaha I appreciate the confidence.

Just goes to show that you don't need publications (or crazy good quant scores) necessarily, which was something I worried about :) 

7 minutes ago, Katastrophe said:

I think so! I live pretty close so it will be quick trip over :)

Hopefully all us grad café people go. With 4 acceptances here already we will dominate the cohort lol!

I'm pretty sure I'll attend visit day too. Coordinate over pm as it gets closer?

5 minutes ago, goofylemon said:

BROWN ADMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE TO MAKE ALL CAPS.

Contacted by POI and said looking forward to working with me. Funding information has to be waited until it is official.

SO EXCITED!!!

My application ends. Once my offer is official, I will withdraw all other applications!

Congrats!!!! What a day for you goofy! 

4 minutes ago, Shay825 said:

AHHH!!! I'm on a conference call, but giving them a ring immediately after!

Wish you good luck! However, this is a very personal email from POI. Don't be discouraged just in case if you have not heard anything from them. Normally Brown results are not out until next few weeks. I have known my POI for a year.

8 minutes ago, goofylemon said:

BROWN ADMITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE TO MAKE ALL CAPS.

Contacted by POI and said looking forward to working with me. Funding information has to be waited until it is official.

SO EXCITED!!!

My application ends. Once my offer is official, I will withdraw all other applications!

CONGRATS!!! That is awesome. Haven't heard anything yet from Brown :( but I'm glad you did! Who are you interested in working with at Brown? If you don't mind me asking.

Congratulations to so many with amazing news today, including @Katastrophe @goofylemon @gingin6789 @lioneironaut @redhillgirl @hazenyc and anyone I missed (sorry, that was a LOT of names to keep track of!).

It is lovely to see so many receive great news.

Also @Shay825 and @ConsciousSteph former Bostonian here :)

2 minutes ago, goofylemon said:

Wish you good luck! However, this is a very personal email from POI. Don't be discouraged just in case if you have not heard anything from them. Normally Brown results are not out until next few weeks. I have known my POI for a year.

Good to know! Looking at your GRE scores I can see why they got back to you so early. I have know my POI for over a year, but they probably need to make a bigger case for me haha :lol:

21 minutes ago, Shay825 said:

I'm worried that my Quant score will eliminate me, but trying to be optimistic. Both of us getting in would be awesome! :)

My GRE scores are low too and I have a non-profit background as well. *crossing fingers for us both*

19 minutes ago, Katastrophe said:

Hahaha I appreciate the confidence.

Just goes to show that you don't need publications (or crazy good quant scores) necessarily, which was something I worried about :) 

I too would love you to look over my app!! So happy for you! *high five*

feeling mostly jealous right now and increasingly concerned, doubting myself and whether these departments have received my materials at all. What is the difference between someone who doesn't get in anywhere and someone who has their pick of three to four admits, already this early in the game? it's not black and white, "they are better and I am worse." This process is so strange. I wish us all the best. 

3 minutes ago, bluefoxblue said:

wow wow wow. Congrats to all that have received a flurry of good news today! Sympathetic and empathetic feels to those "denied admission" or waiting ANY NEWS.

No one has heard anything from UC Berkeley? Waiting........a lifetime. 

I'm waiting for Berkeley too :/

Just now, DaisyGamble said:

I'm waiting for Berkeley too :/

Hoping the stars are aligned for us both! I'm getting a lot of emails from friends and random events right now...and it's THE WORST because I jump up each time thinking there might be something. Also frantically checking my spam folder and seeing another email about liposuction or bitmojis. Sigh. 

On 1/5/2016 at 10:08 AM, gingin6789 said:

Hi, all! 

The first sociology interview has been posted on the Results page, so I figured I'd kick off this thread. 

Post results here, should you feel inclined, and this can be general discussion on Acceptances/Rejections/interviews as well. 

So, anyone wanna claim that University of Virginia interview? 

I just found this thread! I was the one with the interview at UVA. I think it went well, but still haven't heard anything official from them! 

I don't know if Brown ever had a January acceptance in the results. At least not the last few years. Goes to show you at this time of the year, who knows

Congrats to everyone, especially Wisconsin/Brown folk withdrawing from all the schools I applied to yay!!

51 minutes ago, goofylemon said:

You're on the money. Called and was told that almost all applications are still under review.

My cousin is an undergrad there, so I'm kind of hoping for an acceptance to be close to family. 

Edited by Shay825

1 hour ago, redhillgirl said:

Congrats!!!! What a day for you goofy! 

Yay! See y'all Wisconsin admits! I told ya! Thank you. I almost cry (again) when I heard of this T.T . 

Although I am very happy now, still a little jealous of you Wisc cohorts. Hahahaha

Edited by goofylemon